Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Notification Sounds

I am not getting any notification sounds for emails and text messages. I have the volume up for notifications and I have sounds selected in each of emails and messaging. I even selected different ringtones. phone ringer is fine. any ideas?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: No Notification Sounds

I think i figured it out. I had it paired with a bluetooth head set. But the head set was turned off and for whatever reason it did not unpair. I turned off BT on the phone and the notifications work now. Now, when I turned off the BT headset, why did it still say it was paired?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

now it seems to work fine. not sure why it did not before.

may be the bluetooth did not unpair properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by rinconmike View Post
    now it seems to work fine. not sure why it did not before.

Global Posts
    985 Global Posts

Funny, I was thinking about putting my BT earpiece in my pocket so it could be the Trusted Device until someone makes a better one. I guess that won't work when the phone rings!

I am having the same issue but turning off Bluetooth did not solve the problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrys30 View Post
    I am having the same issue but turning off Bluetooth did not solve the problem for me.
    You might try a reboot.

The bluetooth settings seem a little wonky. For the most part it's paired fine with my car stereo and transmits the song info. But once it would transmit audio but no data, and another time it would only display the song info for the first song that played after syncing, and despite going through like ten more songs it kept showing me friggin Justin Timberlake / Jaz-Z
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jerrys30 View Post
    try un-paring and re-pairing. After I did that it seems to be fine. But now that I am writing this it will probably mess up again.

Mike

This took me a long time to figure out too. You can't adjust it with your volume toggle just at the right time. On my old Droid there were two volumes you could adjust: ringer and notifications/media. The Droid Maxx has 4: Ringtone; Music, video, games, & other media; Notifications; and Alarms.

Go into your Settings - > Sound - > Volumes
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by rinconmike View Post
    I think i figured it out. I had it paired with a bluetooth head set. But the head set was turned off and for whatever reason it did not unpair. I turned off BT on the phone and the notifications work now. Now, when I turned off the BT headset, why did it still say it was paired?
    When my Bluetooth is turned on and on my ear my phone will still ring or vibrate as well as other notifications.
    ~Janet~