Love being naked

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
No case or screen protector, didn't have one on my Bionic and ended up with a few very small scratches on the screen after 2+ years. No big deal, just try not to have it in the same pocket as your keys. The small scratches were no big deal compared to having to deal with a screen protector. I hate those things.
It's so skinny, I may get a case just because it keeps slipping it out my hands, I don't like how slick the back is.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've never used a case or a screen protector. I used a screen protector on my BlackBerry before I made the switch, but I ended up ditching on that too, and it wasn't even gorilla glass. I like the look oh the phone too much to cover it up. Besides, it's a wrap around Kevlar back. What do I need a case for?

I beat my RAZR to Hell, and it held up fine. Scratches on the screen, but no big deal. Plastic bezels are all scratched up, but this phone doesn't have those. My Droid X held up well too. No need for a case. I just want the car dock when it's released.

Posted via Android Central App

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Who says it's not 3.0? I was told by a VZW rep that it is, unless they lied. I can't imagine it not being 3.0. But yeah, I'll go nekkid.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
In for the inevitable 'I dropped my phone, can hardly tell' post. :p

Your screen will have scratches within 2 weeks. I've never seen a protectorless screen without scratches, ever. They usually have tiny micro-scratches within a few days of in and out of the pocket and get worse over time.

Who says it's not 3.0? I was told by a VZW rep that it is, unless they lied. I can't imagine it not being 3.0. But yeah, I'll go nekkid.
Verizon reps have less knowledge than a monkey...without training.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I usually go naked but decided to put a screen protector and case on this. I bought the clear back with silicon black border that Verizon has. So far I like the case offers just enough protection. I'm sure I'll eventually take it off but keeping it on for initial two weeks to be safe and usually during that time frame adjusting to a new phone and its size drops tend to happen.

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have no interest in dealing with a crappy screen protector to avoid micro-scratches. After 2 years of "nude" use, my Razr had 2 "real" scratches on the screen. Both came from an incident where the phone slipped from the pocket of pants I rarely wear, and wedged itself in the mechanism of my recliner for 2 days. I hated those scratches, but they still weren't bad enough to deal with the bulk and feel of a case or screen protector. By the time I'm done with a phone, it's old enough to not be worth a whole lot anyway, so it doesn't add much value if it's mint.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no interest in dealing with a crappy screen protector to avoid micro-scratches. After 2 years of "nude" use, my Razr had 2 "real" scratches on the screen. Both came from an incident where the phone slipped from the pocket of pants I rarely wear, and wedged itself in the mechanism of my recliner for 2 days. I hated those scratches, but they still weren't bad enough to deal with the bulk and feel of a case or screen protector. By the time I'm done with a phone, it's old enough to not be worth a whole lot anyway, so it doesn't add much value if it's mint.
Can you really 'feel' the thickness of a screen protector that is thinner than a hair...honestly. The day you found your phone in your recliner, 5 minutes applying a new screen protector and it would have been perfect.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you really 'feel' the thickness of a screen protector that is thinner than a hair...honestly. The day you found your phone in your recliner, 5 minutes applying a new screen protector and it would have been perfect.

I have yet to see/feel a screen protector on someone else's phone that I didn't dislike the feel of, or worse, made the screen look utter crap. Most of them get scratches pretty easily in the protector, in which case you're staring at scratches all the time. Granted, most of them were probably cheapo protectors, but even the couple scratches I had on my Razr I only noticed maybe a couple times a month, and didn't think much about. I can understand the motive behind those that use them, but someone will have to show me one (in person) that I like before I'm going to consider using one.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to see/feel a screen protector on someone else's phone that I didn't dislike the feel of, or worse, made the screen look utter crap.
Those stupid anti-glare screen protectors make the phone look awful and those wet application protectors usually feel rubbery. The cheapo protectors usually feel the best but scratch pretty easily, so its a bit of a trade off.

Personally, I'd take cheapo protectors that I have to change once a month than a scratch I can't get rid of. I am extremely critical of displays, I would go bonkers if I had a scratch I could see.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Those stupid anti-glare screen protectors make the phone look awful and those wet application protectors usually feel rubbery. The cheapo protectors usually feel the best but scratch pretty easily, so its a bit of a trade off.

Personally, I'd take cheapo protectors that I have to change once a month than a scratch I can't get rid of. I am extremely critical of displays, I would go bonkers if I had a scratch I could see.

No way I would go through the hassle of changing protectors once a month. If I were to use a protector, it would need to feel like it wasn't there, and maybe need changed every 6 months, tops, and not add significant cost to ownership. Otherwise, I'll risk a scratch or two. My OG Droid still has no real scratches in the screen, with 2+ years of usage, so the only scratches I've had were from having the phone jammed in a mechanism. Not to shabby IMO.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a Gnex I got on release day, December 2011. Not a scratch and never had a screen protector. I use a case because the edges of the phone are slippery when I pull it out of the side load holster. Only time it goes in a pocket is my shirt pocket. My last phone was also used for two years and had one scratch and always carried naked.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
In for the inevitable 'I dropped my phone, can hardly tell' post. :p

Your screen will have scratches within 2 weeks. I've never seen a protectorless screen without scratches, ever. They usually have tiny micro-scratches within a few days of in and out of the pocket and get worse over time.

Verizon reps have less knowledge than a monkey...without training.

Really? I haven't used a screen protector on any of my phones for last 2 years and I haven't scratched one, not even one and none that you call micro scratches. I have sold them all in ebay. Put it under light and no scratches. Unless I put them in the same pocket as my keys then its a different story.

Ninjak#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I typically don't use any cases on my phones, save for the cheapo screen protectors. That wasn't an option on my old Rezound since I had to swap batteries daily anyhow. I also like to use desktop docks, when available. I don't want to get a case for the Maxx if I can avoid it, but find that I'm having a difficult time holding it since the rubberized kevlar backing is way slicker than I expected it to be. Hopefully I can find some kind of backing to apply to it later. I'm not using wireless charging so far, but don't want to impede being able to do so later.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I didn't use a condom on my Razr and never had a scratch. 3.0 would be nice just in case the ground and the phone meet sometime...slightly better chance of survival.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there will be a glass screen protector for the Maxx? I have one on my HTC One right now. Feels just like the actual screen and is barely noticeable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie