Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By russel5150
  • 1 Post By russel5150
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola command center

Who is still using the command center on their homescreen? I love it coming from a Samsung which has an awful clock/weather widget.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola command center

Stopped using it. Hate the constant redraws, plus doesn't work with nova launcher. I do like the widget itself though.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

Doesn't work with nova is what I noticed to

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't noticed any redraws. Just the weather animation.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    I haven't noticed any redraws. Just the weather animation.
    Hmmm, yeah I get redraws after opening a few apps. Going back to dash clock widget.

Still using it, I like it. Is there a way to change the "commands" when you touch certain things? I would like to go to Gmail when I hit the time, Calendar when I hit the date, etc. Also, I'd like to use Weatherbug instead of Accuweather. I've got an HD Widget on the 1st screen to the left with those commands set up....using both to see which one I like best.

I would love to replace the weather one with a weather so of my choosing. I like to look at radar without going to a website

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I just saw what you mean by redraws. That's going to get annoying

Nope, I deleted it because I wanted a fairly clean screen.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I filled my screen up with apps.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I like the idea of it displaying battery all the time. But I just can't see a reason to take up 8 slots for it when I can check battery with the quick settings.

I like it, I was jealous when my daughter got her RAZR m and she had circle widgets lol.. No she is jealous!!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Mr Bigs likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I decided to remove it. It takes up a lot of space and ram. And I can get all the info it shows from the quick settings.

i love it and i'm using a cheap knock off with nova launcher prime now. i've been doing some research, and i can't believe nobody has decompiled the widget apk and removed the code that checks for moto launcher.

on a related note, the command center weather ring links to an apk named weather.apk. i have not been able to locate this app in the app drawer (to link my knock off widget's weather ring to it). anyone know how to get at it besides the droid command center widget?

Its AccuWeather. Don't know if there is an app the widgets for it came in n my Samsung as the default weather app..

Quote Originally Posted by russel5150 View Post
    Its AccuWeather. Don't know if there is an app the widgets for it came in n my Samsung as the default weather app..

I got to it through nova activities. Created a shortcut for it on the home screen. But couldn't link it to the chrome rings widget because it's an activity not an app... technically

Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    i love it and i'm using a cheap knock off with nova launcher prime now. i've been doing some research, and i can't believe nobody has decompiled the widget apk and removed the code that checks for moto launcher.
    I don't know how to do that but I would pay for someone else to do it. I love this widget but I'd really like to be able to use the Nova launcher instead.

This. Needs to be done. Can't believe Moto locked this out from other launchers.

What is a "redraw?"

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Yankee View Post
    What is a "redraw?"
    Sometimes you might notice the widget disappear for a second and "redraw" itself after returning to the home screen. Generally happens when the app/widget has been cleared from memory by Android's automated processes. I removed the app as well because of this.
    Android OG

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
    Stopped using it. Hate the constant redraws, plus doesn't work with nova launcher. I do like the widget itself though.

Exactly how I feel. With Nova I use the option to for aggressive desktop which keeps the launcher in the phone's memory and I have zero redraws and I am absolutely loving the speed and fluidity.

Once in a while I get a redraw, it's quick but not enough of a problem for me to do away with the circles. I like them too much. Like them on my Razr Maxx, and like them even better on the Droid Maxx.

I got rid of them because I was too fixated on my battery level. I kept feeling like when it got below 80 I needed to charge. I did away w it so I couldn't see it anymore and I'm actually enjoying the phone more.. Simply because I don't worry about charging during the day.. I trust the battery will last and it does. Other than that I love the command center

Using my Moto Droid Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by russel5150 View Post
    I got rid of them because I was too fixated on my battery level. I kept feeling like when it got below 80 I needed to charge. I did away w it so I couldn't see it anymore and I'm actually enjoying the phone more.. Simply because I don't worry about charging during the day.. I trust the battery will last and it does. Other than that I love the command center

Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    I used to be like that. You have to train your brain to get used to 80% being a long way from 0% on the Maxx. Its a great feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I used to be like that. You have to train your brain to get used to 80% being a long way from 0% on the Maxx. Its a great feeling!

Yeah that's exactly what I have had to do. And I find this thing lasting as long as I need too. I still charge it when I go to bed but a 24 hr day that I sometimes have still leaves at least 25 to 30 percent with quite a bit of use...

I like not worrying, and its not that I'm just bragging about the battery its remembering that 50 percent is still hours and hours of use lol..

Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    Eclipse2K likes this.