Delete extra home screen?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is this even possible on a Motorola device? I've tried everything I can think of and I can't figure out a way to do it.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you delete the Google search bar from the screen? I like to have a minimalistic looking screen

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How do you delete the Google search bar from the screen? I like to have a minimalistic looking screen

You can't just "delete" it since it's vanilla and its required. You can disable Google search in the Settings > Apps menu and that should do the trick but it also disables search.

Edit - Never mind, this will still leave a dim box unlike the Droid RAZR HD phones.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
On my gs3 I could just remove it like a widget, actually I believe it was a widget since I could choose the transparency of the box. Anyways not a deal breaker bit would be nice to remove it from the home screen.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Being unable to remove the search bar is pretty much how it is. You can install a launcher and then do whatever you want including specifying the number of screens available. But the stock launcher is stuck with the bar and 4x4 grid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol