Wireless Charging

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
How many people are using (Qi)Wireless chargers? I bought the nokia wireless charger that was on sale for $24 at ATT and started using it last night. I placed my phone right in the middle on it and my maxx said the phone needed to be aligned better- I think it said to push it up. The message went away after a second and I didn't even move the phone. Anyways I let it charge and checked on it about 15 minutes later and the phone was very hot (over 115*). I freaked out and removed the phone , checked all the cables and then reset the phone. I let the phone cool down a bit then placed it back on the charger but moved it up a bit - away from the camera. It seemed to be cooler then (still around 108*). After about 20 minutes I decided not to risk it and just plug in the old fashioned way.
Does anyone have any tips? I've never used a Qi charging device before... I had the palm pre wireless charger years ago and that was easier due to the magnets snapping the phone in place and it never got hot.

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought that any Qi charger would work. I was thinking about getting the Tylt Vu.

DROID Maxx ~ Android Central App

It should. The nokia wireless charger manual says: "Qi works using magnetic induction, and is currently designed for devices that use 5 watts of power or less, such as mobile phones. Qi chargers and devices use the same frequency, so as long as their active areas are touching, all Qi products are compatible, regardless of manufacturer or brand. For more details, see the user guides of both devices."

I basically just was wondering how other people are lining up their phones with their wireless charger and how hot their phones get.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The phone will get hot and at 115 you have very little to worry about. This happens with the official charger too.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I got the one from the verizon wireless corporate store when I got the phone. It says made for droid and is a Ghost 100. Got it for $40.

Ghost 100 Wireless Charging Base

I get the same message about centering it. I will check in the heat. I am still on my first charge and waiting for it to get down to under 10%.

Mike

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Nokia charging pad, mainly because I got it free a year ago when I purchased a Lumia 920 (took the Lumia back after about a week but accidently kept the charger). The Nokia works fine.

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Nokia charging pad, mainly because I got it free a year ago when I purchased a Lumia 920 (took the Lumia back after about a week but accidently kept the charger). The Nokia works fine.

How do you line up your on the nokia charger? Do you ever get the message about lining it up properly?

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the one from the verizon wireless corporate store when I got the phone. It says made for droid and is a Ghost 100. Got it for $40.

Ghost 100 Wireless Charging Base

I get the same message about centering it. I will check in the heat. I am still on my first charge and waiting for it to get down to under 10%.

Mike

I'm using the same wireless charger. My phone did get a little warm to the touch but not overly hot. So far, I'm happy with the charger.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the official wireless charger. It's great! You have to put the phone centered a little low and you'll never get the message.

What I'm gathering from this thread is that any wireless charger will work with this phone? Is that a correct statement?

Thnx!

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the official wireless charger. It's great! You have to put the phone centered a little low and you'll never get the message.

What I'm gathering from this thread is that any wireless charger will work with this phone? Is that a correct statement?

Thnx!

Where did you get the official wireless charger?! Motorola and verizon reps told me it wasnt out yet! Ive been searching all over the internet for it.
But Yes, any Qi Wireless charger SHOULD work.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Where did you get the official wireless charger?! Motorola and verizon reps told me it wasnt out yet! Ive been searching all over the internet for it.
But Yes, any Qi Wireless charger SHOULD work.

Got mine at the Verizon Union Square Store NYC on Tuesday.

Just ordered the Anker from Amazon.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Got mine at the Verizon Union Square Store NYC on Tuesday.

Just ordered the Anker from Amazon.

I got mine at the Verizon store in Aurora Illinois. The stores should have it but remember its manufactured by Incipio under the Droid branding. Maybe they don't know this?

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Thnx!

I am curious what is the official one? At the Verizon store on canal and broadway they told me the Ghost 100 is made for the droid. Is that what you got?

thanks,

Mike

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am curious what is the official one? At the Verizon store on canal and broadway they told me the Ghost 100 is made for the droid. Is that what you got?

thanks,

Mike

Yes, thats the one. The dock has the Droid logo on the front.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

thanks,

Mike

Yes, the Incipio Ghost 100 is the official one sold at the Verizon store. ONLY at the Verizon store. Let me know if you find the car dock....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2