6 months free goggle music all access

oneniner

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't find a work around for the introductory rate and the 6 free months. But I just got an email from Google saying the promotion ends tomorrow (10/15/2013). I was able to add a friend's gmail account to my phone and give them the free 6 months, then remove the account.

Just a friendly reminder that you're eligible for a free 6 month subscription to All Access, the new music service from Google Play that lets you listen to all the music you want —on your new Droid and the web.

Redemption deadline is October 15, 2013.​

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Just signed up for this. Is there a way to put the songs on the phone so when I play the songs it doesn't use data?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
What's pin to device

It is an option in the playlist menu. Press the three dots for any play list and then select "keep on device". You will see a push pin there as well, it was formally called pin to device.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Redemption deadline is October 15, 2013.[/INDENT]

Dang. Not getting my Droid MAXX till Black Friday.

Wonder if I can trick it to give me 6 months with my current phone. It's still a Motorola phone :)

[Edit] oops, doesn't matter anyway since it is now the 16th.

Sent from Droid Razr MAXX HD

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Dang. Not getting my Droid MAXX till Black Friday.

Wonder if I can trick it to give me 6 months with my current phone. It's still a Motorola phone :)

[Edit] oops, doesn't matter anyway since it is now the 16th.

I guess you could have put your google account onto a demo device at the store and then erase it later... haha

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is this in "my library?"

I don't see a way to save certain songs but albums are possible. Once you search for an artist or album it will show all of the album arts. This is where you select the 3 dots button and select Keep on Device.
rypavubu.jpg

Or you can select an album and tap the PIN icon as shown here.

unasedyv.jpg

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried pinning a couple of albums, but I can't find the actual files anywhere on my phone.

Where are they supposed to be stored?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've tried pinning a couple of albums, but I can't find the actual files anywhere on my phone.

Where are they supposed to be stored?

The albums go to your library once their pinned. I just pinned the new Alter Bridge album "Fortress" and as you can see its in my library.

y4a4a7yd.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The albums go to your library once their pinned. I just pinned the new Alter Bridge album "Fortress" and as you can see its in my library.

But the original question was can you put the songs on your phone so you don't use data. Where are they on the phone?

Of course you can drag songs to storage if you connect the phone via USB, but can you download songs from within the Google Play Music app - either songs/albums you've uploaded to Google music from your pc or songs/albums from all access?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
But the original question was can you put the songs on your phone so you don't use data. Where are they on the phone?

Of course you can drag songs to storage if you connect the phone via USB, but can you download songs from within the Google Play Music app - either songs/albums you've uploaded to Google music from your pc or songs/albums from all access?

Yes, the Alter Bridge album is pinned to my phone for offline use. I don't own this album; its part of Google Play. When I turn off all radios you can see this album is still available for usage.
epunaheh.jpg

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just signed up for this. Is there a way to put the songs on the phone so when I play the songs it doesn't use data?

Yes there is. Google "how to pin google music to my phone" and there should be several posts about this. I'm away from my devices now or I would walk you through it.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

They're probably encrypted on your device so as to prevent someone from pinning every song and copying it off the phone. I'm sure if you dig around you will be able to figure out where the app stores (or caches) the files, though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Alter Bridge album is pinned to my phone for offline use. I don't own this album; its part of Google Play. When I turn off all radios you can see this album is still available for usage.

Gah, I don't know why I hadn't thought of trying that! Thanks.

After further investigation, all of the music that I've uploaded to Google Music is also available offline as well. What's weird is that when you go into settings and tap your Google account, Play Music is not listed as one of the things that you can turn syncing on and off.

They're probably encrypted on your device so as to prevent someone from pinning every song and copying it off the phone. I'm sure if you dig around you will be able to figure out where the app stores (or caches) the files, though.

Makes sense to me. I'm wondering if it's in the /data partition, in the storage for the app, because there is nothing evident in the psuedo-SD card. I don't feel like rooting to find out, though.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Alter Bridge album is pinned to my phone for offline use.

Alter Bridge, hey. I listened to this on Spotify and wasn't all that impressed. Alter Bridge is one of those bands that everybody else likes but just doesn't appeal to me. Same thing with the new Dark Tranquillity album. I just don't get why everybody and their brother thinks this band is so great.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone able to still sign up? It was supposed to have ended on the 15th

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Alter Bridge, hey. I listened to this on Spotify and wasn't all that impressed. Alter Bridge is one of those bands that everybody else likes but just doesn't appeal to me. Same thing with the new Dark Tranquillity album. I just don't get why everybody and their brother thinks this band is so great.

I'm a huge Linkin Park fan but Alter Bridge is good. The song that had me hooked on the new album was "Addicted to Pain" and that's why I listened to the album. Can't wait for Recharge by LP at the end of the month.

Szientific

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the same issue with my new Droid Maxx. Since I already had an account, and had just recently activated the free trial offer it wouldnt offer me the 6 months free no matter what I tried.
Finally, I switched my google music app to a different gmail account (my spam account, which also syncs to my phone). After doing that, I clicked the link in the verizon text, went into the app/ settings/try it free, and the verizon 6 month offer was there waiting. Beautiful!

PS. I didnt by my Maxx until early december so the deal is still out there apparently.