Capacitive button light bleed?

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some slight light bleeding underneath the back button that becomes more visible indoors. It's nothing major, just a little annoying.
Has anyone else noticed some light bleeding out from the bottom of the device near the capacitive buttons?
Or does anyone know if there's a way to dim the brightness of the capacitive buttons?

Phenix

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I definitely do not have the light bleed you mentioned. Would be nice if those buttons weren't so bright though. I know there's an app or two in the play store that can do this but I don't think any Maxx owners have had any success with them. Haven't gotten around to trying it myself though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I definitely do not have the light bleed you mentioned. Would be nice if those buttons weren't so bright though. I know there's an app or two in the play store that can do this but I don't think any Maxx owners have had any success with them. Haven't gotten around to trying it myself though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

The brightness is one of my only gripes with the phone. It makes it very distracting to watch videos with those things screaming at you.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The brightness is one of my only gripes with the phone. It makes it very distracting to watch videos with those things screaming at you.
Agree. Just got off a flight - tried to watch a movie on my phone and those capacitive buttons make it impossible to watch and enjoy any amount of video. I think it's a bug -- it needs to obviously shut off when video is playing, and probably also time out when not in use in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34