can't disable backup assistant

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I kept getting notifications that backup assistant couldn't sync because I didn't login. Well I didn't login because I DON'T WANT TO USE BACKUP ASSISTANT! But the notifications kept coming back. I tried to go to settings > apps > click on the backup assistant and disable it, but the disable option is grayed out. I got impatient and let it sync (it supposedly synced 11 contacts). But I still want to disable it. Has anybody had any luck getting backup assistant disabled? Damn Verizon bloat. Hopefully a root method is discovered soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It only nagged me for the first day or so, but about 10 times. I remember when I got my Bionic it bugged me for a few days, then about once a week, then about once a month and after a few months it finally stopped. Even when I would just try to let it do the back up it wanted to charge me for ti. Eitherway, it eventually stopped, but for a pay service, there's no reason to put a notification at the top and it's kind of annoying since the notification (on mine) was just to say that it couldn't sync because it didn't have wifi (but didn't make any mention of wanting money).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that if you never touch Backup Assistant, it won't try to remind you of anything. Once you try to open Backup Assistant, it gets activated and then starts bugging you. In the past, I've been able to shut it up by going to Settings/Apps/All, and clearing the data for all of the Backup Assistant apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar