Bluetooth MAP support / Car integration - How's it working for you?

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Would love to hear your experiences using Bluetooth in your car, esp. if your car supports messaging through BMW iDrive, Ford Sync, etc.

Are you getting text messages? Emails?

Grunt6

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Works perfect for me. One of the main reasons I traded my Note II for the MAXX was because of the music cut outs over bluetooth with Samsung phones on Dodge/Chrysler radios. The MAXX works perfect. Using the the Assist app it will tell you you have a text, read it to you and ask is you would like to respond with a text that says im driving. All over bluetooth and without touching the phone. The radio also has the ability to recieve, read and respond to text msgs and does it without a problem.

Casen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My Ford Sync can read messages, but can't display song information that's playing.....

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

SKIBOARDER119

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My 2012 MyFord Touch could read messages and display song information. Since the OTA it can still do song information, but no longer read messages. Did MAP support get removed?

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Would love to hear your experiences using Bluetooth in your car, esp. if your car supports messaging through BMW iDrive, Ford Sync, etc.

Are you getting text messages? Emails?

I have a 2011 Ford fusion. I only use the text messaging feature where it reads my texts to me. Problem is that it isn't consistent. It will recognize texts sometimes but not others. Haven't been able to isolate a reason yet.

Also, before the kit kat update, the Motorola assist would play through the Bluetooth and override the radio, just like when I get a phone call. But now the assist comes on and in order to hear it I have to manually switch over to aux audio to hear it. Any ideas on how to get it to play through the speakers automatically?

Also, since the kit Kat update, I've noticed that automatic Bluetooth connectivity has been spotty. Sometimes I have to turn off Bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on for it to connect.

Posted via Android Central App