Camera Fix (Camera JB+ app)

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So like most people have stated the camera is one of the most dissapointing features of the new moto phones. The first thing I did was look for a differnt camera app to use. I stumbled upon *Camera JB+* and its phenominal. It allows you to touch to foucs, its as simple as the stock camera but it eliminates those blurry pics from the auto focus only option.

If your disapointed with the stock camera check it out.

p.s. Its $1.99 but completely worth it to have a good camera

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Reading the owner's manual ( I don't have the phone yet) it seems there is a tap to focus with the stock camera app. But I don't know what kind of results people are getting from that.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I wasnt getting good results from that, hence I bought the app. The problem is that there is no defult shutter button, with tap to focus you tap once to focus and once to take the picture, if it doesnt focus right the first time the camera miss fires. Maybe I was just missing the 2 different actions.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense. Thanks for the additional information. One way or another I hope the camera can be as good as possible, whether through a third party app or some sort of update to the stock camera. What MP does the Camera JB+ shoot at? Has it also improved color/handling of light, along with focus?

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I guess I just noticed this but it says 6MP at 16:9. Thats semi disapointing but the pics look great. Im not really a camera person and what looks "good" to me might be atrocious to others.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
No it opens to the default camera app with the gesture still. I havent found a way to change what app opens with the action.