Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CrazyRussian007
  • 1 Post By johnnyshinta
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Coming from a Samsung I am used to needing a 3rd party keyboard. I have been using swiftly for a while. But I hear the Google keyboard is pretty good. It's not bad but I like that SwiftKey has a split layout in landscape.

    Also is it just me or does the stock keyboard kinda fade to a darker color as you go towards the space bar?
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,243 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Coming from a Samsung I am used to needing a 3rd party keyboard. I have been using swiftly for a while. But I hear the Google keyboard is pretty good. It's not bad but I like that SwiftKey has a split layout in landscape.

    Also is it just me or does the stock keyboard kinda fade to a darker color as you go towards the space bar?
    I have a Samsung and I no longer use the stock keyboard. I prefer the Google one. I like it.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    I always load SwiftKey - especially now, with their "Save in the cloud" option that saves your specific typing style and restores it when you re-install. The prediction on it is creepy good, swipe option also works great
    ashmerae likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I have a Samsung and I no longer use the stock keyboard. I prefer the Google one. I like it.
    With Samsung it's necessary to use a different keyboard cuz theirs sucks. This one is pretty good so that's why I'm not sure if I need a new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    I always load SwiftKey - especially now, with their "Save in the cloud" option that saves your specific typing style and restores it when you re-install. The prediction on it is creepy good, swipe option also works great
    The save to the cloud is pretty nice. The one thing that always bugged me about SwiftKey is they focus on prediction more than auto correct. So they "correct" words that I spelled correctly because they think I meant something else.
    neonworm likes this.
  5. #5  
    18t
    18t is offline
    18t's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    I prefer Google keyboard
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Doss anyone else notice the difference in color? It's like a gradient change from top to bottom and only on that keyboard
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    With Samsung it's necessary to use a different keyboard cuz theirs sucks. This one is pretty good so that's why I'm not sure if I need a new one.



    The save to the cloud is pretty nice. The one thing that always bugged me about SwiftKey is they focus on prediction more than auto correct. So they "correct" words that I spelled correctly because they think I meant something else.
    Never had the prediction problem... how frequently did you personalize it?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Used the stock kb for a couple days but changed back to SwiftKey. Like all the long press options on the main screen, cloud and tablet features.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Only when I first got it
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    I always load SwiftKey - especially now, with their "Save in the cloud" option that saves your specific typing style and restores it when you re-install. The prediction on it is creepy good, swipe option also works great
    +1
    SwiftKey is easily my favorite key board. Great predictions, I love flow when I am one handed and now saving to the cloud just puts it over the top. No more retraining!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGator View Post
    +1
    SwiftKey is easily my favorite key board. Great predictions, I love flow when I am one handed and now saving to the cloud just puts it over the top. No more retraining!
    I could never get used to flow. And I am used to gestures.
  12. #12  
    Chiplg's Avatar

    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    I could never get used to flow. And I am used to gestures.
    I'm using Swype. Got used to it on earlier phones. I think I was using swiftkey on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet. I don't use it much now that I have a convertible X230 (wish it was a Helix). I only use the Thinkpad Tablet to watch movies on flights or play games. Not much need for a keyboard.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Stock keyboard or 3rd party

    The last SwiftKey update has made the best keyboard even better! Try it again if you haven't used it in a while!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 10:25 AM
  2. Should I go to a DNA cheaply or jump to the One?
    By TBoltJ in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 01:22 AM
  3. Can't use data in Russia, 3G or edge.
    By cgordey in forum Samsung Galaxy Ace
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 11:52 PM
  4. bricked or is there hope ..
    By Greg Goodson in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 11:17 PM
  5. Ghost Armor or Invisible Shield
    By DOOG9517 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions