Battery related Media Server

crosserb

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what the Media Server is all about? It shows up on my battery usage at 5%. I was looking at the usage of others and I didn't see Media Server listed on there chart.
I'm getting pretty good battery, but not quite like what others are showing.:eek:

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what the Media Server is all about? It shows up on my battery usage at 5%. I was looking at the usage of others and I didn't see Media Server listed on there chart.
I'm getting pretty good battery, but not quite like what others are showing.:eek:

My Media Server is also 5%. I've been on battery for just over 16hours and I'm at 44% with almost 4 hours of screen time which accounts for 53%. My screen is at full brightness, and I've been home all day on WiFi. I'm not doing anything to prolong my battery life. I unplugged my phone 16 hours ago and used it as I normally would except I haven't charged it all day. All Day usage and I still have 45% left. Yeah, this phone was a great investment.

Yesterday, I went to work, and after waking up only plugged the phone in during my commute to (for only 15 min) and from work (1 hour). At the end of the day I was around 62%. This phone has shown me it can last for an extended day without being plugged in once. My daily usage varies. So, it will take a week or more to know for certain what I can expect, but this has been a long day.

After having the RAZR, it will take some time to trust my battery, but I am very happy with the results so far. It will be interesting to see what the battery is like when I have a whole day to myself. I get bored when no one is around, and play more games on my phone. Maybe I'll spend a day playing Ingress next time I'm alone. If I had had a smartphone and a game like that in college I would have done nothing else.

crosserb

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Motorola Connect a little bit. Wasnt sure if that was related to Media Server. Plugged in my phone tonight, and I got 35 hours on a full charge. My best time so far. I've had my phone since Monday, so the battery should be well cycled now.

thebrain73

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Crosserb,
Have you put any music on your phone? Media server was using 16% of my battery after I added some music. From what I have found using Google, corrupt media files will cause the media server to use extra power. Albums missing album art or corrupt album art files are common causes.
To fix m my problem I deleted all my music, and media server went away.

crosserb

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I have no music at all on my phone. I watch a couple youtube videos per charge, and google play music, but thats about it. I turned off Moto Connect this time around, will see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908