More random thoughts on the MAXX after 2 days

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish Blackberry was doing more than just surviving at this point. Their Z10 seems great, but there are no apps.

Kinda off topic, but has anyone figured out how to activate the wireless tether feature that is not metered by VZN? Without Root, I am not sure if it is possible.

artdeguzman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish Blackberry was doing more than just surviving at this point. Their Z10 seems great, but there are no apps.

Kinda off topic, but has anyone figured out how to activate the wireless tether feature that is not metered by VZN? Without Root, I am not sure if it is possible.

You can call VZW to activate. Root not required. But you already knew that. C'mon man, help pay for infrastructure and stop sucking up the bandwidth most of us subscribed tether'ers work hard to pay for. It's my pet peeve. Like people with tons of cables hanging off their homes feeding others...

Sent from my Droid Maxx

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
'mon man, help pay for infrastructure and stop sucking up the bandwidth most of us subscribed tether'ers work hard to pay for.

I have tethered exactly 4 times in 2 years because hotel WIFI was down or extremely slow. I don't hog bandwidth or abuse. I just don;t want to pay for something I rarely use. It is just nice having it there in case I need it.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Get off of your soapbox. I pay $29.99 per month for my data the same as you. I NEVER go over 2GB EVER, but I refuse to lose my unlimited data. Truth is it would cost me less to go tiered but who knows what tomorrow holds. I MAY one day be glad that I still have it. So, if using root offers me the same convenience that you have with your $29.99 plan who cares?

artdeguzman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't hog bandwidth or abuse. I just don;t want to pay for something I rarely use. It is just nice having it there in case I need it.

Fair enough. There are abusers out there...

I have been in your situation far too many times as well. So decided on the real deal.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have unlimited my average use according to Verizon in the past 6 months has been around 5gb I think the max in a month was 54gb and maybe the month after was around 48gb.. I didn't have internet and had to tether to watch 4 seasons of breaking bad on netflix

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Wait, this thing doesn't have the stock Gmail app... and there's no way to install it from the Play Store?

I assume I'm reading that wrong.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Wait, this thing doesn't have the stock Gmail app... and there's no way to install it from the Play Store?

I assume I'm reading that wrong.
Comes with Gmail, and Gmail can be downloaded from the store.

The stock corporate email app cannot, and that's what I'm having an issue with.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
* Still pissed about the email client being Motorola'd. Also turns out that because there isn't a proper Email.apk and Exchange.apk means I no longer have the ability to receive my corp mail messages on my Pebble smart watch. Need root to fix this, and wondering whether the Moto X will suffer the same fate or get a proper Exchange client.

You can use Moxier email for Exchange which works well with MS Exchange servers -esp the business configurations. I have used it and it is very very easy to set up!
( a bit pricey, but for work, it is a dream!)

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
You can use Moxier email for Exchange which works well with MS Exchange servers -esp the business configurations. I have used it and it is very very easy to set up!
( a bit pricey, but for work, it is a dream!)
Yeah I've tried a bunch of others, but it seems like every Exchange friendly app is still stuck in Android 2.x screenshots and definitely hasn't seen any refresh that's anywhere close to 4.x. The world has moved on and I cannot in good conscience support any software company that refuses to keep their UI fresh and consistent with the times. Moxier in particular has been updated fairly recently and has screen shots of it running widgets on ICS, but the interface is still very old school Android.

Which is a shame -- both Touchdown and Moxier are solid products.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

It's really a shame too,the only thing wrong with those phones is no apps.

jrowe

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a great unified mailbox for Exchange, IMAP, and Gmail like Blackberry has.

This isn't a mobile solution, but what I have done is setup Gmail in general to pull in my other email through the web-based settings. From there I set filters to apply labels, then if you want you can set up custom notifications for each 'label'.

May not be an option in your case but works wonders for me. Luckily my work uses google apps for business, so I just merely set ghat up as a separate account.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781