Screen protectors pros and cons?

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
HI all,

I have a MAXX on preorder with wirefly. While I wait I am debating whether or not to use a screen protector on this phone. On all my previous smart phones I have had one, but never having dropped one or damaged a screen I am debating it usefulness. It dims the screen is hard to remove when you are done with the phone and considering resale.

I am looking for the communities view. What are your views on this item? The pros, cons please help me a little with your insight.

Thank you everyone for your help.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The real question is do you think you need it? Do you drop your phone alot or put phone in pocket with keys?

I used to use a tech skin protector and it saved the screen when my phone fell on rocks after the wind blew my collapsible chair over. When I got my gnex I was to lazy to get another one and just bought some cheap ones from Verizon. Never had any issues with them and prefer them over the real ones because there isn't as much glare or rubberness to them. But of course there is no comparison to the protection of a real quality screen protector. I plan on putting a cheap one on my maxx, though probably not from Verizon cause they are a rip at 13$.

Posted via Android Central App

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I did not put one on my Razr and it looks new. The Gorilla Glass really is great. Now, I don't put keys and phone in the same pocket...if you do, there's a better solution than a screen protector. Figure it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs