48 Hour Battery Life Test

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Interesting results guys. I am trying to figure out what my next phone will be... tossing around the Moto X, S4, and the Maxx.

Moto X: balance of everything I want in a phone (size, form factor, battery performance, build quality, screen, features)

S4: Powerhouse - expandable SD, swappable batteries, features for days, futureproof?, Better Dev/ROM support, solid camera

Maxx: Fantastic battery performer, solid build quality, near stock android

HTC One: Pretty phone

A big concern I have is how big the phone will be after I slap a case on it... what are your thoughts on the size/bulk of this phone with and without a case? How safe do you feel w/o a case? Good chance it will get scuffed up?

I think w/ this amazing battery life, I don't have to worry about weekends carrying around extra batteries. The main reason why I have so much trouble now is because I have crappy service at work and it kills my batteries.

In one of my locations I work at I have crappy service and I have to charge it up the last few hours of the day or I will run out. Nothing I can do about the anti-cellular-frequency properties of where I work. I just have to live with a charger on my desk.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
While I'm waiting on my Maxx to ship, I keep seeing things about the LG G2. Looks like an amazing device...same footprint, but larger screen. Only thing is, it has"only" a 3000mah battery, compared to maxx's 3500. Maybe it'll be released before my Maxx ships so I can do some real life comparisons.

Posted via Android Central App

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting you say that... Do you have wifi at least? Thought a bigger battery would help me avoid needing to replace batteries or keeping it charged.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Interesting you say that... Do you have wifi at least? Thought a bigger battery would help me avoid needing to replace batteries or keeping it charged.

With my Razr Maxx I could kill a full battery in 5 or 6 hours. In my office I bounce between 3G / 1X / No Service. I had a smart action rule (Old Motorola Thing) that would shut off cellular data when the screen was off and not moving during work hours. This would stop my phone from burning through the battery while it tried to connect to the cellular network.

We have no WiFi at work for personal phones or such.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten no where near this type of battery life. Maybe I'm underestimating how much I'm using it, but I'm getting maybe 12-15 hours of battery life. Definatly not anywhere near 48 hours.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
This is after my second full charge cycle. I'm really impressed. If I can use it like I did today and get 18-20 hr's out of the battery then I'm glad I made the purchase.

uploadfromtaptalk1377650836755.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Clocked about 28 hours with six hours of screen time and an hour of calls. Used navigation for about 25 minutes while under 12 percent to get around a highway incident in the car.
yryqy7ub.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I want to see a former gnex owner use this phone like they would their own gnex and see what crazy number comes up. Location services off, limited sync etc. Bet the screen on time is laughable.

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
how about 131 hour battery life???

sg_Screenshot_2013-08-27-21-08-55-580x326.jpg

granted it didnt get used but most phones wont last 72 hours with minimum usage, let alone 131...

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty jealous of these times. Mine hasn't seen anywhere near these usage numbers. Yesterday got about 16 hours with 20% left. I only had maybe 3:30 hours of screen time on that. If mine keeps staying low I might have to call vzw and see if I got a bad handset.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty jealous of these times. Mine hasn't seen anywhere near these usage numbers. Yesterday got about 16 hours with 20% left. I only had maybe 3:30 hours of screen time on that. If mine keeps staying low I might have to call vzw and see if I got a bad handset.

there are alot of factors to consider....data usage, wifi vs lte, signal strength, outside vs inside, etc

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
there are alot of factors to consider....data usage, wifi vs lte, signal strength, outside vs inside, etc

Sure, but that's on wifi 90% of the time average signal strength most of the time. It's only a few hours better than my s3 was. I was expecting a 50-60% increase over my S3. but I'm seeing more like a 25% increase in time.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
time doesnt say much (hence the picture i posted above), the only thing that really matters is screen on time. if you are getting more screen on time in the same time period as the s3, i would say there is nothing wrong. sorry for my skepticism, but usually when people complain about battery its because they unknowingly waste the battery or they are unaware of what actually matters when it comes to battery life. get it replaced if you think there is really a problem. from what i have seen on forums its frequently user error. i personally would try to figure it out before going through the process of getting/setting up a new phone.

also- new phones almost always get more use than your last phone. first week results are usually lower than normal.

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding that my battery is draining faster than what I would expect to. I have crappy LTE/3G signal where I work, so I am figuring that is part of it as the phone struggles to get a signal all day. But when I look at my GSAM battery stats, it says that wifi active is above 10% of the battery usage (I've had as high as 17%), even when my screen time has been less than 1%. Any idea what would cause wifi to drain the battery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1