48 Hour Battery Life Test

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm almost half way through a 48 hour battery life test, and I would have to say that with moderate use the Droid Maxx would definitely make it the entire 48 hours.

Current Stats:
Battery Level 65%
Time on Battery: 23h 13m
Screen Time only 1h 38m -- This is largely due to active notifications and not needing to open my phone to view messages.
My brightness is on auto and I have battery saver mode on. (Does any one really know what this exactly does? I have not seen any performance changes with this setting on)

Granted yesterday was a light day of use for me. I made a few phone calls, played a few games of candy crush, took some pictures, updated my Facebook status, etc...

Today will be the real test. I will be listening to music most of the day and checking work email contently. If the pone can last the rest of today until ~10:00 pm with 10% battery remaining I will call this test a success.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Current Stats:
Battery Level 51%
Time on Battery: 1d 4h 2m (28 Hours!!!)
Screen Time only: 2h 16m 57s -- Again active display keeping me from opening up my phone.

I have been playing music off and on for most of the last 4 hours (not streaming) and have taken several phone calls, watched some YouTube videos, and tried to beat this one candy crush level and failed and also read some emails. Fairly typical usage day thus far for me.

The battery life on this thing is great!!! I'm on target for 2 days and 8 hours of use. I will report back this afternoon.

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Current Status:
25% remaining - 1D 3H (27 H).
Screen On Time: 3hours 30 mins

Spent a long time on yahoo fantasy draft.. that wasted a lot of battery. Not SUPER DUPER impressed, but its still good!

Not sure why others are getting such amazing life... Hmmmmm

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Current Status:
25% remaining - 1D 3H (27 H).
Screen On Time: 3hours 30 mins

Spent a long time on yahoo fantasy draft.. that wasted a lot of battery. Not SUPER DUPER impressed, but its still good!

Not sure why others are getting such amazing life... Hmmmmm

Lots of things affect battery life. Yesterday and today I have been in a really good 4G area and I'm getting stellar battery life. Wednesday when I will be at my other work location where my cell phone constantly is looking for a signal I would be lucky to escape the day with 20% by the time I left work if I didn't charge it.

This is just one thing I know that affects battery life.

Even on my old Razr Maxx anything over about 20 hours would be amazing, and you just got well over 1 day and still have 25% to go. That's not bad IMO.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The best I've done with battery life and on 4G for all but 2 hours was in the image below. This was with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled, Power Saver Off, Auto brightness, lots of SiriusXM, Chrome, Hulu, YouTube, etc.

qesa6yhu.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Current Stats:
Battery Level 40%
Time on Battery: 1d 7h 2m (31 Hours!!!)
Screen Time only: 2h 55m 58s -- Again active display keeping me from opening up my phone.

Lots more music, a few games of candy crush (finally passed my level and on to the next) checked Facebook, Twitter, and checked email.

I may end up leaving this thing on all night to see if I can actually hit the 48 hour mark. I will have to charge it at work tomorrow, but I really want to see what this thing can do under real world conditions for me.

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Still on first full charge.

Light use , 2h 5m screen time and at 43% remaining after 1d 20h 32m

Couldn't be happier, I am positive I could easily make it through a heavy use day and have plenty to spare. Awesome!

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I posted mine in the other battery thread. Got 48 hours plus and posted the screen grab. I didn't get a final one, but my phone died at 10 pm last night with 2d 13h 22m with like 5 hours of screen time. It was definitely low to moderate use over the weekend, but almost got through the entire weekend without a charge.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Update Still going.

Battery Level: 14%
Time on Battery: 1d 22h 38m
Screen Time: 3h 57m 56s

This is my first smart phone in the past 6 years where I could leave it off the charger for 2 consecutive nights without charging it!!

I had some moderate use last night playing some games, checking email, and looking through old photos I had stored on G+ I'm going to let it run until I hit 48 hours. This battery definitely has some stamina!!

kurpaige

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
This morning I had to charge. I don't think I'll be testing out the X. We using this on the 14 day just to get use to near stock coming from S4 waiting on the X on Friday. So happy they didn't have it in the stores already. I got 1d 22h and That's with calls, used nav 5 times about 20 minutes around town each time. The smoothness and battery together, this is the phone i was hoping moto would make, just thought it was the X

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting results guys. I am trying to figure out what my next phone will be... tossing around the Moto X, S4, and the Maxx.

Moto X: balance of everything I want in a phone (size, form factor, battery performance, build quality, screen, features)

S4: Powerhouse - expandable SD, swappable batteries, features for days, futureproof?, Better Dev/ROM support, solid camera

Maxx: Fantastic battery performer, solid build quality, near stock android

HTC One: Pretty phone

A big concern I have is how big the phone will be after I slap a case on it... what are your thoughts on the size/bulk of this phone with and without a case? How safe do you feel w/o a case? Good chance it will get scuffed up?

I think w/ this amazing battery life, I don't have to worry about weekends carrying around extra batteries. The main reason why I have so much trouble now is because I have crappy service at work and it kills my batteries.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Without a case it feels too thin and awkward to hold. With a case it feels perfect.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca