need help with wireless charging sound

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I use llama and have a profile that sets my phone to silent at night. Since I only put the phone on the charger before going to bed it doesn't make any noise at all.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So I deleted the wireless charging sound, but now it just plays a different notification when I put it on the charger (the default notification sound from settings). It's a less annoying noise, but anyway to make it silent other than the llama/tasker workaround?

EDIT: Just replaced the files with a silent sound file of the same name and it works, just an FYI!

Last edited:

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Once you're rooted just use a file manager to navigate to the file and replace it with a sound file of the same name that's just silence. I don't remember the exact location of the sound, I think it's under system/media/audio or something like that and the wireless charging sound is under both notifications and ui, so I replaced both. Hope that helps!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Once you're rooted just use a file manager to navigate to the file and replace it with a sound file of the same name that's just silence. I don't remember the exact location of the sound, I think it's under system/media/audio or something like that and the wireless charging sound is under both notifications and ui, so I replaced both. Hope that helps!

How come you need to be rooted to do that?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine hasn't done the charging noise in weeks...

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
That is quite the oversight from Motorola. This is something small, but it is quite annoying. I hope they add an option to the stock settings menu that allows users to change the sound.

It's not just Motorola. Every wireless charging Android phone seems to make a big deal about you putting the phone on the stupid pad, with a light show and various noises, and no way to shut it off. They don't do that when you plug them in, so why do that for wireless? I can tell my charger is linked because a small LED comes on, I don't need an orchestral announcement, with angels singing choruses. It's just charging. Relax, Android - it's not that exciting! :) I am pretty sure this is a just a marketing thing. It sure seems like one.

My WP8 phone makes a short ding sound when you set it down - the same sound it makes when you plug it in. No lights, no displays.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to turn it off but the latest update does make the sound much quieter then before. The only issue is I now hear the sound when the phone is in silent mode but at least its a lot quieter.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Since the update, my phone makes the noise whether it is on vibrate or even in silent mode. Prior to the update, this was not the case. Even on vibrate, it would not make the noise. Really annoying that this would be affected by the update

On a separate note, for anyone looking for a solid wireless charger where you never have to worry about the connection failing, I highly recommend this QI charger from Panasonic.

Panasonic Qi wireless charger (QE-TM101)

Here is a quick clip on Youtube. You will see that the charging component from underneath the main bed of the charger automatically recognizes where the phone is and moves to where ever the connection is made.

Panasonic Qi wireless charger (QE-TM101) - YouTube

I bought it for about $45 ($55 with shipping) about a month ago. It is a little big I terms of size, and my phone battery seems to get a little hot, but from what I have read, this tends to be the case with a lot, if not all the wireless chargers.

chidchid

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Since the Motorola update, my Droid Maxx makes the notification sound even the sound volume is set to off. There seems to be no other setting on the phone to shut this off. After being placed on the charger, the notification sounds randomly occur and the wireless charging placement screen appears even though the phone hasn't moved. Since most wireless charging pads have an indicator light to tell whether its charging these indications aren't necessary. I wish they would remove both sound and charging screen or make them optional. When I plug in my phone via USB it doesn't make a sound and going to a charging screen, why is wireless charging any different.

I was using NFC stickers to shut off sounds prior to wireless charging, not to wake my wife at night. Now this doesn't work. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool