Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help with wireless charging sound

I have had my maxx for a week now. Bought the ghost 100 droid branded wireless charger but exchanged it for the Nokia dt100 at my local store due to the ghost being defective (would get too hot and stop charging ).
    I love wireless charging except for one thing...the wireless charging notification sound it makes every time I lay my phone down.
    I have been through every setting I can think of and still haven't found a way to disable this? My wife is going to kill me if I dont figure this out as I only charge my phone at night and it is constantly making noise every time I move the phone.

Somebody HELP!!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default Re: need help with wireless charging sound

you could always you know, use the stock charger

i dont think there is a simple solution, i think you are going to have to sacrifice something. if your phone is on silent does it still chime when placed on the charger, or does it vibrate?

here are my ideas without exactly knowing the end result, but i imagine your phone is going to have to be on silent.

#1. put phone on silent. or have a tasker profile setup to go into silent mode at a specific time or when connected to home WiFi after specific time.

#2. have an NFC sticker by your entryway and tap it as you are walking in the door. setup the NFC sticker to put phone into silent mode. (i dont know if you want your phone on silent, if you dont you can add a tasker profile to leave silent mode once it starts charging)

#3. put phone in different location OR dont use wireless by the bed, use it at work.

#4. return wireless charger and get the griffin powerdock for droid ultra/maxx.

PS- how do you like the dt-900?
    Last edited by 18t; 08-28-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Thanked by:

I have the Tylt Vu wireless charger and have my phone sent to silent during my night time sleep. I don't hear the phone at all when charging. Go to Settings/ Active Notifications/ then check Sleep at night and plug in your time period. It's an easy as that.

DROID Maxx ~ Android Central App

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

My wife is also ready to shoot me! Putting the phone into "sleep mode between this hour and that hour" does NOT WORK! I have the "DROID" wireless charging pad.

The ONLY way is to put the phone to silent! Not happening! If my phone rings in the middle of the night I NEED to answer it! It's either an emergency or a sales call from someone over seas which I make money on!! All other alerts are set to vibrate only anyways (email, txt, calendar, etc etc...)

HELP!! GAH!!!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

did you try something like Simple Sound Profile Widget? I set mine up to a new profile I made called "phone only" when I'm ready to sleep. The only sound is when the phone rings. I have all other sound settings to silent. maybe its different with wireless charging, but it works great for me.

I have an imperfect, but decent solution.

1. Using Llama, I set up the following:

When Wi-Fi is connected to my home network AND time is between 9pm and 6am AND battery is in use AND screen is on, Do the following:
    - Change profile to Ringer off (profile I created which just shuts the ringer)
    - Queue event - Ringer back on when: (user is present OR screen is Off) AND above criteria are met
    - Queue event - Ringer back on (delay 15 seconds) AND above criteria are met.

2. To use: push the power button, but don't unlock the phone. Put on wireless charger before the screen shuts off again.

Seems to work fine, though I'd prefer to just be able to silence the stupid notification.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

its odd because when my sound is on I get 1 wireless charger beep and that's it! nothing more.. and when I'm on silent I get no beep

Posted via The Maxx

aue123- that's the same thing I get, but the charging sound (even the once) is loud enough to wake my wife. Silencing the ringer is not an option for everyone, and unfortunately, the wireless charging sound is linked to ringer volume rather than notification volume for some strange reason.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

curious if you use assist and make it think your in a meeting from whatever time.. the calls still come thru

Posted via The Maxx

What if you deleted the charging sound or changed it to another sound named wireless charging sound that's quieter or less annoying?

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola using Tapatalk 4.

You need root to delete the sound

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    You need root to delete the sound

Exactly. It's not like the annoying Droid sound at boot. You can delete or rename any sound once your phone is up.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola using Tapatalk 4.

That is quite the oversight from Motorola. This is something small, but it is quite annoying. I hope they add an option to the stock settings menu that allows users to change the sound.

I sometimes get the sound and other times I do not. I wonder why this is?

Quote Originally Posted by rjack22 View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that it only makes the sound if the battery is below some threshold charge. I haven't figured out if that threshold is 90% or 95%. Have you NOT heard the sound when the charge level was below that and the ringer wasn't silent?

Quote Originally Posted by rjack22 View Post
    Same here, the sound doesn't bother me though...

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

I will have to pay more attention as to the level of the battery when I put it on the charger. That probably is why.

Why do all that? I used Llama to simply turn on a profile with sounds when it detects wireless charging. Before I wirelessly charge, I use the power swtich to turn off the ringer (simple operation, short push of power switch then choose far left, "silence" mode.) Then put the phone on the charger and the phone (Llama) will turn off silent mode and select your normal profile (or whatever profile with sound that you'd like).

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by joshzide View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that it only makes the sound if the battery is below some threshold charge. I haven't figured out if that threshold is 90% or 95%. Have you NOT heard the sound when the charge level was below that and the ringer wasn't silent?
    I've noticed that as well.

Have you tried this?

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

Maybe exchange your wife for a newer model?

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    Maybe exchange your wife for a newer model?

The upgrade fee is often prohibitive.
    KWKSLVR and slim6596 like this.

I use llama and have a profile that sets my phone to silent at night. Since I only put the phone on the charger before going to bed it doesn't make any noise at all.

So I deleted the wireless charging sound, but now it just plays a different notification when I put it on the charger (the default notification sound from settings). It's a less annoying noise, but anyway to make it silent other than the llama/tasker workaround?

EDIT: Just replaced the files with a silent sound file of the same name and it works, just an FYI!
    Last edited by jamontoast1291; 10-18-2013 at 04:35 PM.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Can you explain step by step how you did that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast