Earpiece speaker volume low?

Bull2786

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
First off, this is a fantastic device. However, I am now on my second one and find I am having the same issue. I returned my first Maxx because the earpiece speaker seemed extremely low and almost unacceptable outdoors. I figured it was just that particular device so I got my replacement device today and even at the max volume it still seemed extremely low as compared to all my previous phones last one being the razr Maxx. Anyone else notice this, any fixes? After all this is a phone first and foremost and is kinda bad for business calls.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it for the past few days on business calls while Bluetooth synched to my Psiaton 210 BTNC headset. Volume has been normal for me. Can't tell the difference between the headset being connected to my DM for work or S3 for personal calls.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Note II this absolutely is low. I've even tried wired Bose IE2 and the sound is still low. Bluetooth has been fine so far though. Skype calls are loud through the ear piece and headset. Makes me think this is software related.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I do agree it's lower than my gnex. I do, however, like it because when the significant other is lecturing me about who knows what, the rest of the room doesn't get to enjoy as well.

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The demo unit that I tested prior to purchasing at VZW was low, but the one that I ended up purchasing is very loud. I am very satisfied with it.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I guess I have never had a earpiece speaker that was really loud. It is as loud as the last two variations of the maxx. I was in a very loud truck the other day and had no problem hearing the other person but I have to admit that when I'm on my phone in a vehicle that I am almost always on a Bluetooth device.

Posted via Android Central App

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is also low compared to previous phones. I was hoping it would be louder. Maybe I'll ask someone at vzw to see if it's a known issue yet or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine is extremely low also thinking of taking it back, could have sworn it was louder when I got it a few days ago.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is extremely low also thinking of taking it back, could have sworn it was louder when I got it a few days ago.

I tested mine right after I bought it and the volume was very low. Tested it after the ota update and no change. I may take it up to the store to have them make a test call on another device to compare. It very well could be a software issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Today I was on a call and could barely hear them I don't remember this when I got the phone a few days ago. To make matters worse my Jawbone Up isn't compatible. Unfortunately this phone might be going back until straightened out. :-(

Bull2786

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
It is extremely disappointing, like I said this is my second device and same low ear speaker. I have to jam it against my face to hear people. I really don't want to go through the return process, nor are there any other phones I want so I may just deal with it. Hoping it's a software issue but more likely than not it's hardware. I had to hold my RAZR Maxx away from my ear when it was on max volume because it was so loud. Same with the Droid X. This device is awesome, just pissed that the basic feature of actually being a phone is less than stellar. VZ day they have no record of these issues, go figure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The more places I read about the Maxx the more I see people complaining about this. This really blows. I was about to pick this phone up but I need it to be usable as a phone in server rooms that are a little loud. I am shocked that a Motorola device would have this issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Bull2786

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Well that's fantastic, I would bet that a 3rd replacement device will probably have the same issue and it doesn't seem like I am alone with this issue.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman