Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Distorted Loop
  • 1 Post By Jdt0109
  • 1 Post By YAYTech
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Ok Google now voice command

    So I went thru and set up the OK Google now thing but it doesn't show my name like I've seen on other people's. How can I get that to show up. Thanks for any input
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Is your profile set up?

    Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    I did the OK Google now three times
    Other than that I'm not sure
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdt0109 View Post
    I did the OK Google now three times
    Other than that I'm not sure
    When you do the two finger pull down off the notifications bar, does it show your name in the top left button?

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
    Darth Spock likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Got it thank you
    Darth Spock likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    So, how did you do it? I have the same problem. The two finger swipe contact shows no name. Thanks!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdt0109 View Post
    Got it thank you
    So, how did you do it? I have the same problem. The two finger swipe contact shows no name. Thanks!
  8. #8  
    DefectiveWeeble's Avatar

    Posts
    157 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    You have to set up your own personal profile in the stock people/contact app

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.
  9. #9  
    farb12's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Question

    When you guys launch "OK Google now" by voice does it make a noise letting you know it's been activated ? I'm asking this because the other day I was in bed and wanted to set an alarm by voice and couldn't tell if when it heard "OK Google now".

    Is this an option? I think it would be helpful if your phone is out of reach so you know you activated it and can now say a command.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Quote Originally Posted by farb12 View Post
    Question

    When you guys launch "OK Google now" by voice does it make a noise letting you know it's been activated ? I'm asking this because the other day I was in bed and wanted to set an alarm by voice and couldn't tell if when it heard "OK Google now".

    Is this an option? I think it would be helpful if your phone is out of reach so you know you activated it and can now say a command.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It does not make a noise - I wish it did (though a very subtle one) for the same reason - can't help but wonder if it actually activated the command, and then I end up pulling it out & looking rather than going on with my command.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
    gamefreak715 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdt0109 View Post
    So I went thru and set up the OK Google now thing but it doesn't show my name like I've seen on other people's. How can I get that to show up. Thanks for any input
  12. #12  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,391 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Quote Originally Posted by farb12 View Post
    Question

    When you guys launch "OK Google now" by voice does it make a noise letting you know it's been activated ? I'm asking this because the other day I was in bed and wanted to set an alarm by voice and couldn't tell if when it heard "OK Google now".

    Is this an option? I think it would be helpful if your phone is out of reach so you know you activated it and can now say a command.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Mine does make a noise. Although sometimes the sound on my phone seems to go awry and it doesn't. Maybe 15% of the time.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    You only quoted a post, but didn't add anything. If you have the same question, have you tried the other things in this thread?
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
  14. #14  
    SeigaGen's Avatar

    Posts
    635 Posts
    ROM
    Kang/CM10

    Default Re: Ok Google now voice command

    Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    It does not make a noise - I wish it did (though a very subtle one) for the same reason - can't help but wonder if it actually activated the command, and then I end up pulling it out & looking rather than going on with my command.
    Incorrect. It makes a noise. You might have volume settings altered for notifications. Check all the volume settings. You should hear a loud "BEEP" when you say Ok Google Now. If you use Moto Assist and have sleep activated and active, then the notifications will be silent so you won't hear the beep when accessing OK, Google Now.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

    Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

Similar Threads

  1. Restore original keyboard after installing Google Keyboard (<-junk)
    By spacesurfer75 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 05:11 PM
  2. Upgrade now - or hold off until Q4?
    By BRye in forum Verizon
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-30-2013, 08:22 PM
  3. $35 Google Play Credit
    By mission_mode in forum Rogers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM
  4. Help: Hanging out with Google Talk+ ??
    By Habious in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM
  5. Google + 8/29 Update Broken
    By element526 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions