Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

I'm using the LG qi wireless charging puck at night to charge my maxx, and apparently when the phone reaches a full charge it stops charging. This causes the battery stats to be off. Specifically the "time on stats" . My battery will show 100% but a time on of about 6 hours. Not a big deal, but it's nice to have a more accurate battery stats to work with. Anyone getting this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Default Re: Wireless charging issue...

Yep... same here. Once it's fully charged, it will also not wireless charge until the battery has dropped a few percentage points, even if you take the device off and put it back on the pad again. Seems like a software issue.

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    Yep... same here. Once it's fully charged, it will also not wireless charge until the battery has dropped a few percentage points, even if you take the device off and put it back on the pad again. Seems like a software issue.
    Why would it continue to charge if its at 100%?

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JimBen73 View Post
    Why would it continue to charge if its at 100%?
    On other phones (e.g. SGS3) it will go to trickle and maintain charge, not be completely off charge. On the Maxx, you cannot maintain a charge at 100% by keeping it on a Qi charger. The phone starts discharging at 100% and will not start charging again until 95% or 97% (don't recall which it was).

I will have to pay attention tomorrow because I could swear my statistics are accurate. Then again I have the official Ghost charger so that may make a difference.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Do you notice it getting hot?
    Mine seems to get very hot on wireless charging (Ghost 100).
    Also in an Otterbox case.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

I have the same issue using the Nokia Charging Plate. It doesn't really matter to me because I usually end up with 30-40% left over at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I will have to pay attention tomorrow because I could swear my statistics are accurate. Then again I have the official Ghost charger so that may make a difference.

This happens with the Ghost 100. I noticed it was off the charger for 10 minutes as soon as I removed it.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

No. Quite the opposite actually. Compared to plugging the phone in, it's quite cool. I don't have a case on mine though.

Can any of you who are wireless charging tell me if it still works with a few business cards in between the phone and charger? I like to stick a plastic case on the back since the phone's big enough and carry a few cards, and got to wondering if it would still charge...thx.
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

i just tried it with 6 notecards and it worked without issue. didnt try any more than 6 as you said a few.

Super! Thanks so much. Didn't want to buy the wireless charger if it didn't work. Really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by dhawk1202 View Post
    I'm using the LG qi wireless charging puck at night to charge my maxx, and apparently when the phone reaches a full charge it stops charging. This causes the battery stats to be off. Specifically the "time on stats" . My battery will show 100% but a time on of about 6 hours. Not a big deal, but it's nice to have a more accurate battery stats to work with. Anyone getting this problem?

Not only stats, but I use the maxx w/ wireless charger as a night clock, so when it stops charging, the screen shuts off because daydream is set to be on only when docked or charging. I might try and program an NFC chip to turn it to 'desk mode', which I've read activates daydream...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by jhlinka View Post
    Not only stats, but I use the maxx w/ wireless charger as a night clock, so when it stops charging, the screen shuts off because daydream is set to be on only when docked or charging. I might try and program an NFC chip to turn it to 'desk mode', which I've read activates daydream...
    Didn't think of that. That would be annoying! Just curious though, how do you see the clock in daydream mode if it's laying down? Propped up our something? Btw, for whatever reason this problem seems to have fixed itself. Battery stats are now accurate. It seems to still trickle charge on and off I've noticed in the morning when it's full. Doing so gives me accurate stats!