Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Black screen on phone calls

Quote Originally Posted by ck_droid_ctrl View Post
    Had the same issue and this thread helped find the solution. Running 4.0.4 there is a calibration for the g-gensor.

Settings> Display> Als_ps calibration.

I had to put my hand directly on the phone where the sensor is (close to ear/phone call speaker) and it sets the sensor that locks out the screen when the phone is next to your ear.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction and hopefully this added bit helps others.
    This forum is for the Motorola Droid Maxx. There is no such setting on this phone.

Default Re: Black screen on phone calls

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    This happened to me once - I was in people and hit he phone number of a contact by mistake and the phone started calling. Unfortunately, I hit the power just as it started calling. Once I did that, the phone was never responsive - it just started completing the call.

It only happened once, though.

I do have the Verizon screen protector on, but it definitely had a cutout over the proximity sensor.
    The Verizon screen protectors are the worst ever.

The zag ones are overrated in my opinion as well. They add a vinyl, rubbery feel that I just do not like, although they do look pretty clear.

The best one I've found by far is from a company called Ismooth.

It is literally unnoticeable and feels like the actual screen. It is also pretty good when it comes to scratch resistance. And I've also never had a problem with the screen blacking out while on calls. I often put my phone in speaker and use other apps while on calls.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12