Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Confession: This "X Feature" stuff is annoying

OK, I shouldn't be tweaked by this. I should be happy that the active display feature is getting some coverage. But I admit, it annoys me that Phil posts this nice entry on the active display feature on Android Central and only calls it a "Moto X" feature. Hell, the only time the word "Maxx" shows up in the entry and all the comments is when it's part of someone's username.

Yes, it's an X feature. AND A MAXX FEATURE. And an Ultra feature. And a Mini feature. It'd just be nice if write-ups like this didn't give the impression that only the X has it.

http://m.androidcentral.com/moto-x-b...active-display

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Default Re: Confession: This "X Feature" stuff is annoying

For some reason no one like the maxx saying the x is designed better. Personally I don't find anything wrong with the maxx design

Sent from my XT1080
    SteelGator likes this.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I think Phil is mad the MAXX is only on Verizon...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

They're all great phones. You have to remember a lot of these articles are targeted at the larger audience. The X is available across the board, while the Droid line is Verizon exclusive. When you look at it like that, the way he worded it is ok. You're not wrong in what you said at all. It's a great feature of several devices.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    They're all great phones. You have to remember a lot of these articles are targeted at the larger audience. The X is available across the board, while the Droid line is Verizon exclusive. When you look at it like that, the way he worded it is ok. You're not wrong in what you said at all. It's a great feature of several devices.
    Because they are targeted to a large audience is all the more reason for a footnote at the bottom saying where the feature is available.

I am aware that the X is more broadly available. This is why I say I SHOULDN'T be annoyed. But, yes, sadly I am. After all, the Moto X customization is only available on AT&T right now, but it doesn't seem to limit anyone taking about.

ETA: I think what gets me is that if a site like Android Central doesn't mention it, the Maxx is doomed to obscurity. After all, who else is going to? The Verge? Puhlease.

ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

MAXX is 10x a better phone than the X, I still don't get all this hype and obsession with the X

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:
    jamontoast1291 likes this.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

And it also wasn't me saying it ... it was one of your fellow forum members.

Go back to the Moto X review where I clearly stated most of these software features are in the news Droids.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prune View Post
    ETA: I think what gets me is that if a site like Android Central doesn't mention it, the Maxx is doomed to obscurity. After all, who else is going to? The Verge? Puhlease.

Now this is seriously funny. Can you get banned for stupidity?

Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Now this is seriously funny. Can you get banned for stupidity?

Please explain. Verge editor?

Last edited by Optimus Prune; 09-01-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    phathands likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    And it also wasn't me saying it ... it was one of your fellow forum members.

Go back to the Moto X review where I clearly stated most of these software features are in the news Droids.
    Good on ya, Phil. Glad to see your mention there.

Please explain. Verge editor?

I don't think that there is enough time left this weekend for me to explain it to you...

~ Sent from my Moto X ~
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I don't think that there is enough time left this weekend for me to explain it to you...

~ Sent from my Moto X ~
    There is a difference between hyperbole and stupidity. You would do well to learn the difference as you spend time on these here intertubes. And if hyperbole were an offense, this forum would be empty. I know ad hominem attacks are par for the course in anonymous forums, but unless you intend to make some kind of reasoned argument, take it somewhere else.

There is a difference between hyperbole and stupidity.
    Not in this case.

~ Sent from my Moto X ~
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Not in this case.

~ Sent from my Moto X ~
    I see what you did there. You are one clever gent. /golf clap/

Because they are targeted to a large audience is all the more reason for a footnote at the bottom saying where the feature is available.

I am aware that the X is more broadly available. This is why I say I SHOULDN'T be annoyed. But, yes, sadly I am. After all, the Moto X customization is only available on AT&T right now, but it doesn't seem to limit anyone taking about.

OP, I agree with you. It is a technicality, but it does bug me too, for the same reason. This would also be a good place to mention another little thing that shouldn't bother me, but does, as a dmaxx owner. So many dmaxx owners are saying that they are posting from a XT1080 (that's not the droid maxx, that's the droid ultra). I feel like if dmaxx owners on android central don't know the difference, the maxx is doomed to obscurity. I know it shouldn't bother me because that's just what tapatalk writes for them based on what the phone's firmware reports as its model number. but just because the ultra and maxx use the same software, doesn't mean they are the same model (and in fact have 2 seperate model numbers as explained in the ultra/maxx's fcc filing).
    Optimus Prune likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    OP, I agree with you. It is a technicality, but it does bug me too, for the same reason. This would also be a good place to mention another little thing that shouldn't bother me, but does, as a dmaxx owner. So many dmaxx owners are saying that they are posting from a XT1080 (that's not the droid maxx, that's the droid ultra). I feel like if dmaxx owners on android central don't know the difference, the maxx is doomed to obscurity. I know it shouldn't bother me because that's just what tapatalk writes for them based on what the phone's firmware reports as its model number. but just because the ultra and maxx use the same software, doesn't mean they are the same model (and in fact have 2 seperate model numbers as explained in the ultra/maxx's fcc filing).
    That's a fair and good point. I appreciate the doomed to obscurity poke, too. I'm changing my sig.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Am I the only one that remembers the day of the Moto x launch? I thought the consensus was people were extremely disappointed with the reveal.

Everyone thought it was going to be free at launch with a 2 year agreement, or some other awesome feature we hadn't heard about yet.

How did it slowly go from that to everyone talking about it like it's the best phone out?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    it's the best phone out?

Because as of today it is the best phone out. By a long shot.

~ Sent from my Moto X ~

Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    Am I the only one that remembers the day of the Moto x launch? I thought the consensus was people were extremely disappointed with the reveal.

Everyone thought it was going to be free at launch with a 2 year agreement, or some other awesome feature we hadn't heard about yet.

How did it slowly go from that to everyone talking about it like it's the best phone out?

I bought 2 Maxxes. Went to the store. Played with em for awhile. Compared em with other devices. Bought em. We like em. They meet our needs. We're still in the testing phase within our 14 day window. My wife and I don't rely on Internet reviews. We do our own reviews because noone knows our needs better than us. We're not concerned with others' opinions. They're never a factor in our purchasing decisions. My son wants a Moto X. He thinks it looks cooler than the Maxx. We'll get that also. We're pleased. That's all that matters in my household.
    The best revenge against haters is massive success!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Because as of today it is the best phone out. By a long shot.

~ Sent from my Moto X ~
    How can that be when the maxx has the same underlying hardware, same software, a larger screen, bigger battery and better form factor?

See what I did there. I took my opinion, mixed it with a few casual observations, and stated it as fact. Maybe I should apply to the verge as a reviewer.

Sent from my XT1080M using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    xweb10, Rizz1-2, JimBen73 and 1 others like this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by davinci27 View Post
    How can that be when the maxx has the same underlying hardware, same software, a larger screen, bigger battery and better form factor?

See what I did there. I took my opinion, mixed it with a few casual observations, and stated it as fact. Maybe I should apply to the verge as a reviewer.

Ha. Don't feed the troll though.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Even trolls gotta eat!

Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    Okay, just for you I've changed the default signature in Tapatalk on my Maxx...

Sent from my Droid Maxx, the bigger, better, longer lasting cousin of the Moto X.
    Thanked by:
    phathands likes this.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    For some reason no one like the maxx saying the x is designed better. Personally I don't find anything wrong with the maxx design
    In fact, in every way that matters, the MAXX is better. Thinner, bigger screen, bigger battery and no onscreen buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
    In fact, in every way that matters, the MAXX is better. Thinner, bigger screen, bigger battery and no onscreen buttons!
    If the X had a bigger battery, I'd have bought that instead, for it's smaller size. Bigger isn't necessarily better. However, I am often in places where cell signals are weak, and managing the phone to get the battery to last all day can be problematic with many android phones. It's no longer an issue with the Maxx.

(That said, I love the Maxx. Great phone. I just don't get too worked up about what other people do or don't say about it. What's great for me about the phone may not be that important to others.)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast