How many of you moved from the RAZR Maxx HD?

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
What are your impressions? Are you glad you made the switch? What are the top three benefits of the move?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I am glad that I made the move. The RAZR maxx HD is a good phone with good battery life but this new maxx gets great battery life. I am very hard user and I still have 20-30% battery at the end of the day with everything turned on and 5-6 he's of screen at 50-75%. I also listen to Google music 3-4 hrs and a couple of hours of talk. But the thing that I like the most is it hasn't slowed down at all. I've tried to get it to stutter by running a bunch of widgets, live wallpaper and a host of other tasks and its came through like a champ. I have owned 8 different flag ship phones and this is the first one that I really enjoy using because I know it will work.

Update: I am really enjoying the camera. It is much better than the HD.

Sent from my Droid MAXX .

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I came from the maxx HD also, I haven't seen any stutter or lag. the HD would start to bog down after awhile and just annoy me.. the full 5 inch screen is amazing.. battery life is about the same which is awesome considering the maxx is always listening and hasn't lagged. the phone feels thinner, camera is a great step up from the HD .. wireless charging :) yes plz haha

Posted via The Maxx

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sort of. I had a RAZR HD Maxx but got rid of it for a Note II. I would say its a big upgrade though.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear that you guys think the battery life is comparable. It's definitely a step up from the Razr Maxx I was using. The battery life on that was a little better than my DNA.

I was contemplating upgrading to the Droid Maxx or just buying a used Razr Maxx HD, but it's reassuring to hear you ex-RAZR HD owners commending the new Maxx.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the original Maxx Razr (no-HD) and want this phone now! :)

I wonder how much I could get for this phone on eBay? Maybe $100? I am not sure what it would go for.

I will have to pay full retail for the new Droid Maxx.

McIrish

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I too came from the Razr Maxx HD. I was thinking it wasn't going to be much of an upgrade. There is a lot that I loved about the HD, except the occasional lag and the stuttering audio. The Droid Maxx (DM) is so smooth. No lag and no stutters. Maybe the HD was kind of an in between phone. This DM acts much smoother. I personally would have gone with the MOTO X if it had a larger battery and more storage. But, this will do just fine. I still have the Moto X sitting on my desk. I need to send it back, but keep trying to think of a reason to keep it too. :) The DM is a great phone. All the things that bugged me about the HD are resolved. I love the new features that came with the new Moo phones. Extremely handy. They are the kind of features that after using for a day you wonder how you got by without them.
My only complaint is the capacitive buttons at night. Even in night mode, they are bright. I put a piece of blue lighting gel over it and its fine for now... or until I find an app to dim them.

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone give a 3G/LTE signal strength comparison on Maxx HD vs the new Motorola Maxx? Wifi too? I tried out the Motorola Maxx at the VZW store on Monday, but in that store with a signal booster my signal and the new one were almost identical. Trying to decide if it's worth the jump or if perhaps I should wait for any advances in reception on the Snapdragon 800 chipset/modem.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone give a 3G/LTE signal strength comparison on Maxx HD vs the new Motorola Maxx? Wifi too? I tried out the Motorola Maxx at the VZW store on Monday, but in that store with a signal booster my signal and the new one were almost identical. Trying to decide if it's worth the jump or if perhaps I should wait for any advances in reception on the Snapdragon 800 chipset/modem.

It is as good or better than the HD. It transitions smoother from LTE to 3G better than the HD. WiFi signal is about a bar better in my bedroom than the HD. I travel quite a bit and I have been able to make and keep calls where I never have been able to before and I have owned just about every droid phone Motorola has made. That in itself is a issue. :)

Sent from my Droid MAXX .

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the Razr Maxx HD, went to the Galaxy S4 and hated the lack of battery life, but loved how responsive the phone was and the screen size. Now I am on the Droid MAXX and love it. More responsive than the SGS4 and same screen size. Lower res, but can't tell, same or longer battery life than my Maxx HD. So far loving the phone.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for your input. I might just pick up a MAXX at lunch if I can figure a few accessory issues out.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your input. I might just pick up a MAXX at lunch if I can figure a few accessory issues out.

What accessory issues are you having?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi All I am going to make the Maxx my first Android phone. I am coming from BlackBerry. Anyone have an idea how long before VZW drops the price. I know on other phones the price drops after awhile. Just wondering if I should hold out for a little bit. Current phone works great so there is no rush.

psykick5

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I came from the MAXX HD, and I like the MAXX better in every way except the battery life. I feel like the MAXX's battery isn't as good as the MAXX HD's. Maybe there needs to be more software optimization.

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I Was wondering if there is anyway to get the contacts widget from the Razr HD and RAZR phone??

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Matthew Osterlund

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@qisdtech I noticed a difference in signal strength especially with WiFi. When I pull up to my house I had 2-3 bars for the WiFi signal with the RMHD, now I get 3-4 with the DM. I am very happy with the upgrade, and I am loving this device! The only disappointment so far is the Assist app. I used to be able to make things happen by location, on the DM currently they only give you three options and it does not go as deep as the Smart Actions did. I had my phone set up to be silent when I walked into church and now I can't make that happen with Assist, although I haven't tried the putting it in my calendar as a meeting appointment yet.... Motorola connect is very cool which lets you do texting while at your desk so you don't have to pick up the phone. The phone is very quick no lagging and Google music doesn't skip anymore at least so far. :)

Matthew Osterlund

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I came from the MAXX HD, and I like the MAXX better in every way except the battery life. I feel like the MAXX's battery isn't as good as the MAXX HD's. Maybe there needs to be more software optimization.

You might have a bad device, I have not had that issue, and I have more going on with this device than my RMHD.

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the report Matthew. It's definitely on my short list of new phones.

@qisdtech I noticed a difference in signal strength especially with WiFi. When I pull up to my house I had 2-3 bars for the WiFi signal with the RMHD, now I get 3-4 with the DM. I am very happy with the upgrade, and I am loving this device! The only disappointment so far is the Assist app. I used to be able to make things happen by location, on the DM currently they only give you three options and it does not go as deep as the Smart Actions did. I had my phone set up to be silent when I walked into church and now I can't make that happen with Assist, although I haven't tried the putting it in my calendar as a meeting appointment yet.... Motorola connect is very cool which lets you do texting while at your desk so you don't have to pick up the phone. The phone is very quick no lagging and Google music doesn't skip anymore at least so far. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234