The point of no return

Are you going to return your Maxx?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, tomorrow is the point of no return for those of us who bought on launch day. I was just wondering how many are going to stick with the Maxx. I am 100% keeping this phone after the way it performed this past holiday weekend. for me. We spent the weekend at my in-laws who life in the middle of nowhere. My Bionic would be dead my midday just sitting in my pocket, and my Wife's iPhone 5 is usually dead by mid afternoon just looking for a signal. My maxx was never dead by the end of the day. Usually had 30% or more at the end of the day with 2+ hours of screen time. On Sunday I tried to use it more to see what I could get out of it. 4+ hrs screen time, 14hrs off charger, 14% left in the battery. Awesome! I love this phone.

Screenshot_2013-09-01-22-27-00.png

Screenshot_2013-09-01-22-27-58.png

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Seriously?? This was my Moto X yesterday......Your Maxx cant even do this?
Well, tomorrow is the point of no return for those of us who bought on launch day. I was just wondering how many are going to stick with the Maxx. I am 100% keeping this phone after the way it performed this past holiday weekend. for me. We spent the weekend at my in-laws who life in the middle of nowhere. My Bionic would be dead my midday just sitting in my pocket, and my Wife's iPhone 5 is usually dead by mid afternoon just looking for a signal. My maxx was never dead by the end of the day. Usually had 30% or more at the end of the day with 2+ hours of screen time. On Sunday I tried to use it more to see what I could get out of it. 4+ hrs screen time, 14hrs off charger, 14% left in the battery. Awesome! I love this phone.

View attachment 79141

View attachment 79142

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-01-15-32-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-01-15-32-12.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 96

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Umm, you did not read my post. This was in an area were the phone is just fighting to keep any signal the entire day. Normally I am getting better results. This was the worst conditions my phone will be used in and I got a full day of full use from it. This is normal for me...
Screenshot_2013-08-22-08-47-40.png

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Umm, you did not read my post. This was in an area were the phone is just fighting to keep any signal the entire day. Normally I am getting better results. This was the worst conditions my phone will be used in and I got a full day of full use from it. This is normal for me...
View attachment 79149

OK so this one is about 7 hours screen time..... That's it?

Posted via Android Central App

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site

You know what's interesting about your screen shots is the average battery life. I've seen a couple of them where you post 10-14 hours on half a battery, but you average battery life is always 10-14 hours. If you are consistently getting 10 hours on half your battery, then shouldn't your average battery life be around 20 hours.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
You know what's interesting about your screen shots is the average battery life. I've seen a couple of them where you post 10-14 hours on half a battery, but you average battery life is always 10-14 hours. If you are consistently getting 10 hours on half your battery, then shouldn't your average battery life be around 20 hours.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

That time in gsam is figured on the previous 15 minutes of usage..........its just a forecast

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Not the amount left, but the average battery life as reported in the lower left corner. It wouldn't make sense for an average to be based on the last 15 minutes. This shows over a day on my max regardless of what I've done it the last 15 minutes. According to the gsam website this is the average amount of time you phone has lasted. Not based on last 15 minutes.

Here's the quote from their site:

Over time, GSam Battery Monitor averages the amount of time your phone lasts on a given charge.

Sent from my Droid MAXX

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Not the amount left, but the average battery life as reported in the lower left corner. It wouldn't make sense for an average to be based on the last 15 minutes. This shows over a day on my max regardless of what I've done it the last 15 minutes. According to the gsam website this is the average amount of time you phone has lasted. Not based on last 15 minutes.

Over time, GSam Battery Monitor averages the amount of time your phone lasts on a given charge.

Sent from my Droid MAXX

Congrats you just answered your own question by looking it up.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Droid MAXX

The gent boasted of 12+ hours of screen-on time in the Moto X forums when he had the Maxx. So, even if we take his statements at face value, you'll get an extra 4-6+ hours of screen time on the Maxx at his utilization.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My question it still stands. If you are routinely getting 12 hours on 1/2 a charge then you should have an average battery time of 24 hours. Your average battery time is always much lower than that. Any explanation?

Sent from my Droid MAXX

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Your Moto X would be dead hours ago. 3500 mAh > 2200 mAh. No amount of hyper-miling a Moto X use is going to compare with a monster battery, regardless of how much you like your phone.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed that its on WiFi.. I've heard of maxx users getting 12 hours screen time using WiFi only. .. go back to your crappy moto x forum

Posted via The Maxx

Yes sir. I was in half Wi-Fi and half 4G and got this today.

vy2eqemy.jpg
evymara7.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thought I should probably make an on topic post. I bought mine a couple of days after the launch so I still have some time in my 14 day window. I had been holding my upgrade since June to get the Moto X. Honestly I think the form of the X is excellent, but after reading everything I ended up grabbing the MAXX instead. I still think the X has a better form, but the fact that I no longer have to even think about my battery is worth any difference. The MAXX has a nice form and an incredible battery. The bigger screen makes typing much easier for me. I don't have any regrets about my purchase and I'll definitely be keeping my phone.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Exactly how I feel. With my Bionic, I always had to be tweaking with settings just to squeeze every ounce of juice out of my phone and often still had to hit a charger before the end of the day. With this phone I have no worries. I can use my phone the way I want to use it and know I have battery to spare at the end of the day. Quite liberating.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Probably going to keep it... I'm using my DNA on Verizon, but opened up a prepaid T-Mobile line and am using the Maxx on that. Not getting amazing service here on T-Mobile at work, so it hasn't solved my VZW Capped Data problem because of bad Tmo service.

But it's actually rather convenient, as I have moved all my syncing to the Maxx due to Active Notifications, and since it's a spare phone, I'm at about 30%, going on 2 days-20 hours @ 3 hr screen on. It's acting as my mini-tablet, I suppose...