Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you going to return your Maxx?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 20.59%
  • No

    27 79.41%
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alee
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default The point of no return

    Well, tomorrow is the point of no return for those of us who bought on launch day. I was just wondering how many are going to stick with the Maxx. I am 100% keeping this phone after the way it performed this past holiday weekend. for me. We spent the weekend at my in-laws who life in the middle of nowhere. My Bionic would be dead my midday just sitting in my pocket, and my Wife's iPhone 5 is usually dead by mid afternoon just looking for a signal. My maxx was never dead by the end of the day. Usually had 30% or more at the end of the day with 2+ hours of screen time. On Sunday I tried to use it more to see what I could get out of it. 4+ hrs screen time, 14hrs off charger, 14% left in the battery. Awesome! I love this phone.

    The point of no return-screenshot_2013-09-01-22-27-00.png

    The point of no return-screenshot_2013-09-01-22-27-58.png
  2. #2  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Seriously?? This was my Moto X yesterday......Your Maxx cant even do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigRed79 View Post
    Well, tomorrow is the point of no return for those of us who bought on launch day. I was just wondering how many are going to stick with the Maxx. I am 100% keeping this phone after the way it performed this past holiday weekend. for me. We spent the weekend at my in-laws who life in the middle of nowhere. My Bionic would be dead my midday just sitting in my pocket, and my Wife's iPhone 5 is usually dead by mid afternoon just looking for a signal. My maxx was never dead by the end of the day. Usually had 30% or more at the end of the day with 2+ hours of screen time. On Sunday I tried to use it more to see what I could get out of it. 4+ hrs screen time, 14hrs off charger, 14% left in the battery. Awesome! I love this phone.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-01-22-27-00.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	79141

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-01-22-27-58.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	79142
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The point of no return-screenshot_2013-09-01-15-32-12.png  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Umm, you did not read my post. This was in an area were the phone is just fighting to keep any signal the entire day. Normally I am getting better results. This was the worst conditions my phone will be used in and I got a full day of full use from it. This is normal for me...
    The point of no return-screenshot_2013-08-22-08-47-40.png
  4. #4  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigRed79 View Post
    Umm, you did not read my post. This was in an area were the phone is just fighting to keep any signal the entire day. Normally I am getting better results. This was the worst conditions my phone will be used in and I got a full day of full use from it. This is normal for me...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-22-08-47-40.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	79149
    OK so this one is about 7 hours screen time..... That's it?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    davinci27's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Seriously?? This was my Moto X yesterday......Your Maxx cant even do this?
    You know what's interesting about your screen shots is the average battery life. I've seen a couple of them where you post 10-14 hours on half a battery, but you average battery life is always 10-14 hours. If you are consistently getting 10 hours on half your battery, then shouldn't your average battery life be around 20 hours.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by davinci27 View Post
    You know what's interesting about your screen shots is the average battery life. I've seen a couple of them where you post 10-14 hours on half a battery, but you average battery life is always 10-14 hours. If you are consistently getting 10 hours on half your battery, then shouldn't your average battery life be around 20 hours.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    That time in gsam is figured on the previous 15 minutes of usage..........its just a forecast

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    davinci27's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Not the amount left, but the average battery life as reported in the lower left corner. It wouldn't make sense for an average to be based on the last 15 minutes. This shows over a day on my max regardless of what I've done it the last 15 minutes. According to the gsam website this is the average amount of time you phone has lasted. Not based on last 15 minutes.

    Here's the quote from their site:

    Over time, GSam Battery Monitor averages the amount of time your phone lasts on a given charge.

    Sent from my Droid MAXX
  8. #8  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by davinci27 View Post
    Not the amount left, but the average battery life as reported in the lower left corner. It wouldn't make sense for an average to be based on the last 15 minutes. This shows over a day on my max regardless of what I've done it the last 15 minutes. According to the gsam website this is the average amount of time you phone has lasted. Not based on last 15 minutes.

    Here's the quote from their site:

    Over time, GSam Battery Monitor averages the amount of time your phone lasts on a given charge.

    Sent from my Droid MAXX
    Congrats you just answered your own question by looking it up.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by davinci27 View Post
    Not the amount left, but the average battery life as reported in the lower left corner. It wouldn't make sense for an average to be based on the last 15 minutes. This shows over a day on my max regardless of what I've done it the last 15 minutes. According to the gsam website this is the average amount of time you phone has lasted. Not based on last 15 minutes.

    Here's the quote from their site:

    Over time, GSam Battery Monitor averages the amount of time your phone lasts on a given charge.

    Sent from my Droid MAXX
    The gent boasted of 12+ hours of screen-on time in the Moto X forums when he had the Maxx. So, even if we take his statements at face value, you'll get an extra 4-6+ hours of screen time on the Maxx at his utilization.
  10. #10  
    davinci27's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: The point of no return

    My question it still stands. If you are routinely getting 12 hours on 1/2 a charge then you should have an average battery time of 24 hours. Your average battery time is always much lower than that. Any explanation?

    Sent from my Droid MAXX
  11. #11  
    alee's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Seriously?? This was my Moto X yesterday......Your Maxx cant even do this?
    Your Moto X would be dead hours ago. 3500 mAh > 2200 mAh. No amount of hyper-miling a Moto X use is going to compare with a monster battery, regardless of how much you like your phone.
    Thanked by:
    phathands likes this.
  12. #12  
    aue123's Avatar

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Seriously?? This was my Moto X yesterday......Your Maxx cant even do this?
    I also noticed that its on WiFi.. I've heard of maxx users getting 12 hours screen time using WiFi only. .. go back to your crappy moto x forum

    Posted via The Maxx
  13. #13  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by aue123 View Post
    I also noticed that its on WiFi.. I've heard of maxx users getting 12 hours screen time using WiFi only. .. go back to your crappy moto x forum

    Posted via The Maxx
    Yes sir. I was in half Wi-Fi and half 4G and got this today.



    Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    MERCDROID likes this.
  14. #14  
    aue123's Avatar

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Yes sir. I was in half Wi-Fi and half 4G and got this today.

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/vy2eqemy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/evymara7.jpg

    Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    I've noticed Google services is eating my battery suddenly...

    Posted via The Maxx
  15. #15  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    I'm keeping mine. This phone rocks!

    Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  
    davinci27's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Thought I should probably make an on topic post. I bought mine a couple of days after the launch so I still have some time in my 14 day window. I had been holding my upgrade since June to get the Moto X. Honestly I think the form of the X is excellent, but after reading everything I ended up grabbing the MAXX instead. I still think the X has a better form, but the fact that I no longer have to even think about my battery is worth any difference. The MAXX has a nice form and an incredible battery. The bigger screen makes typing much easier for me. I don't have any regrets about my purchase and I'll definitely be keeping my phone.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Exactly how I feel. With my Bionic, I always had to be tweaking with settings just to squeeze every ounce of juice out of my phone and often still had to hit a charger before the end of the day. With this phone I have no worries. I can use my phone the way I want to use it and know I have battery to spare at the end of the day. Quite liberating.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: The point of no return

    Probably going to keep it... I'm using my DNA on Verizon, but opened up a prepaid T-Mobile line and am using the Maxx on that. Not getting amazing service here on T-Mobile at work, so it hasn't solved my VZW Capped Data problem because of bad Tmo service.

    But it's actually rather convenient, as I have moved all my syncing to the Maxx due to Active Notifications, and since it's a spare phone, I'm at about 30%, going on 2 days-20 hours @ 3 hr screen on. It's acting as my mini-tablet, I suppose...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
  2. Nexus 4 - Need help, no os on N4, only TWRP
    By HaraldSchafer in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 08:07 AM
  3. How many of you moved from the RAZR Maxx HD?
    By nocaldawg in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 10:49 PM
  4. Good folding case... But no cloth or 'leather' etc
    By Pungh0Li0 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 06:49 PM
  5. Did you move from the RAZR MAXX HD?
    By nocaldawg in forum HTC One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions