Too Good to be true???

jcash3

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to pose this question before I took the offer (even if it is a mistake).

Verizon activated their 4G LTE network in Alaska back in July, so they sent out a promo that anyone with a 3G device could upgrade to a 4G device for free. Since I currently have a Galaxy Nexus, I couldn't partake, but my wife could (iphone 4). She upgraded to the 5. Trying to keep my unlimited data, I transferred my upgrade to her line and started to buy the MAXX. Upon checking out I noticed that there was a discount that made the phone free. I'm sure that its a glitch, but do you guys think that its something that Verizon will catch? If they do, will they then charge me full retail for the device? Some advice would be very helpful!

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to pose this question before I took the offer (even if it is a mistake).

Verizon activated their 4G LTE network in Alaska back in July, so they sent out a promo that anyone with a 3G device could upgrade to a 4G device for free. Since I currently have a Galaxy Nexus, I couldn't partake, but my wife could (iphone 4). She upgraded to the 5. Trying to keep my unlimited data, I transferred my upgrade to her line and started to buy the MAXX. Upon checking out I noticed that there was a discount that made the phone free. I'm sure that its a glitch, but do you guys think that its something that Verizon will catch? If they do, will they then charge me full retail for the device? Some advice would be very helpful!

I'd say go for it, worst that happens if it's a glitch, it's their loss.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
As long as the transaction completes, I doubt they would come back later & try to charge you. Worth a shot. :)

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
They could very well charge you for the device if it is indeed a price/system error. But they should either ask for you to pay for it, or return it. Don't think they will force you to pay for it...

jcash3

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm gonna go for it. At worst, I'll return the phone for a refund. I think as long as I activate the phone on the upgrade line then switch it, it will work.