1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What Screen Protector Are You Using?

I saw the thread on the scratched screen. No real discussion in that thread on what screen protector folks at actually using. I always use them, but notice Zagg does not have one on the market for the MAXX. Thanks in advance for noting what you are actually using.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Default Re: What Screen Protector Are You Using?

The Anti-Scratch from Verizon. They scratch easily but only noticeable in direct sunlight. I am waiting for a higher end one such as Spigen though.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

if your looking for zagg like, check out the skinomi on amazon. i checked it yesterday and it was $8.xx shipped. skinomi techskin has been a proven product for me.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I just had ghost armor put on mine last night. They custom cut it for me as they haven't released it yet for the ultra and maxx. I'm very happy with the results. I put GA on all my phones and tablets. They're great products.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 18t View Post
    if your looking for zagg like, check out the skinomi on amazon. i checked it yesterday and it was $8.xx shipped. skinomi techskin has been a proven product for me.

Even better buy it from skinomi.com and use the coupon code 'summer60end' and get it for $4.78 shipped!
    Thanked by 5:

Quote Originally Posted by swany1970 View Post
    I just had ghost armor put on mine last night. They custom cut it for me as they haven't released it yet for the ultra and maxx. I'm very happy with the results. I put GA on all my phones and tablets. They're great products.

How much did it cost for the custom? There is a mall with a kiosk right across the street from my office and I was thinking about checking them out. I just have the Verizon one on right now and it sucks.

I'm using one of the Verizon skins for now. It's fine - a little reflecty than I would like.

I've emailed Zagg about the Droid Maxx and received a reply that they don't yet have one. It wouldn't say that they are developing one, but said that they are pretty agressive about developing new skins, and suggested I check the web site every week or two to see if they've added one for the Ultra/Maxx. (They also said that cutting an existing skin for another phone to fit this phone would void the warranty.)

I used a Skinomi skin on my Droid Eris a few years ago. It's still on the phone, but it seems to have yellowed more than Zagg skins do, FWIW.
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    I'm using one of the Verizon skins for now. It's fine - a little reflecty than I would like.
    This is probably the route that i will go. I dont like the rubbery feel or glare of the wet protectors. As far as the yellowing, you could probably warranty that. I had one on my d.inc for 2 years and never had an issue.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigRed79 View Post
    How much did it cost for the custom? There is a mall with a kiosk right across the street from my office and I was thinking about checking them out. I just have the Verizon one on right now and it sucks.
    It was about 20 + tax for me. I'd rather have someone else install so they'll fix it for free if the revised any issues.

Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

I am using the horrible anti-glare protector from Verizon. Waiting for Zagg so they can install it at the kiosk. Did I mention the anti-glare is horrible? It is like an opaque, sand-like layer on the screen.

I'm using the anti glare from verizon. Not the best, about the same quality as the one I had on my Gnex that I got on amazon. Feels different than the screen without the protector, but I don't mind the difference or think it's any worse. It does block the glare, which almost makes up for the grainy quality. Overall not the best, not the worst. Easy to apply though without any air bubbles.