Maxx Radiation Level

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Cell phone radiation levels - CNET Reviews

Motorola Maxx has an extremely high SAR level of 1.54, which is just under the FCC's legal limit of 1.6. In fact many of Motorola's devices have extremely high SAR ratings. By comparison, Samsung S4 has a SAR rating of .75 and the HTC One is 1.26. I wonder why Motorola has such high levels, The Maxx being the highest recorded?
Motorola Maxx's SAR rating can be found on Verizon's website.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: SAR Rating

Well for one Samsung radios are weaker and this may be due to the reduced SAR rating. I'm not overly familiar with this subject so I'm guessing here. Motorola radios have always bee great but it probably takes more "SAR" to do so.

This is what I took from the article and I feel that this is the key piece of important information.

If you're concerned about limiting your SAR exposure, you can take a few easy steps. You can text instead placing a voice call, use a speakerphone or headset whenever possible, and carry your phone at least 1 inch from your body (making sure the antenna is facing away from you). If you're pregnant, you should avoid carrying a phone next to your abdomen. Some researchers also caution against using your phone in areas with a weak signal since phones emit more electro-magnetic radiation during those times. Children, who have smaller and thinner skulls, should limit cell phone use, and people of any age should not sleep with an active phone next to the bedside or under the pillow

Buying a phone with a lower SAR may make you feel more comfortable, but there's no guarantee that it is inherently safer. Also, during a call the phone may never reach the listed SAR and the SAR can change constantly depending on several factors.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
gonna-die.jpg

Wait, no, nevermind.

Cell Phones and Cancer Risk - National Cancer Institute
Although there have been some concerns that radiofrequency energy from cell phones held closely to the head may affect the brain and other tissues, to date there is no evidence from studies of cells, animals, or humans that radiofrequency energy can cause cancer.

It is generally accepted that damage to DNA is necessary for cancer to develop. However, radiofrequency energy, unlike ionizing radiation, does not cause DNA damage in cells, and it has not been found to cause cancer in animals or to enhance the cancer-causing effects of known chemical carcinogens in animals (3?5).

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...2KMu77VhvKPm0BZnnSqZcsw&bvm=bv.51773540,d.b2I

2. The power, or heating effect, of the phone is only one of many possible factors impacting cell phone ?safety?. Certainly it is useful to know if your phone has a high SAR value, but exposures to the radiation from the cell phone at non-heating levels have been linked to many serious biological effects, and the SAR value is not capturing anything about these harmful non-thermal exposures.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Cell phone radiation levels - CNET Reviews

Motorola Maxx has an extremely high SAR level of 1.54, which is just under the FCC's legal limit of 1.6. In fact many of Motorola's devices have extremely high SAR ratings. By comparison, Samsung S4 has a SAR rating of .75 and the HTC One is 1.26. I wonder why Motorola has such high levels, The Maxx being the highest recorded?
Motorola Maxx's SAR rating can be found on Verizon's website.

even worse, the simultaneous SAR reported to the FCC for the ultra/maxx is 1.6. Page 3 of RF Exposure Test 1 - https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...rame=N&application_id=935148&fcc_id=IHDT56PE1

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5 has a simultaneous SAR of 1.57. Who knows what's what with all this SAR stuff. I've read things that say phones with a higher SAR may be better because the rating is only for the absolute highest the phone could ever go and those phones having stronger radios will emit less power than phones with weaker radios. Then I've read the complete opposite. If anything is seems to me that no one knows for sure.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're having hour long conversations on your cell, use a hands free device. I don't see cell phones as being much of a threat. There are every day occurrences that have a similar slightly harmful effect. The smell of Gasoline, paint, other toxic liquids, Microwaves, computer monitors, laptops, you name it, there is a new study every week saying something else is bad for you. However, some people can smoke a pack a day and live till 90+ or catch the Big C @ 30. Live life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton