root file access
Hello all, I have an app that I use to compute fuel mileage stats that I've used for a long time on my Bionic. I exported the database file and was able to copy it off simply by plugging it into the computer and using windows explorer. Now, the app requires the database file to be put into a directory it creates in the root. On the Bionic, I was able to see the directory no problem, on the Maxx, I can't seem to get access when I plug it in. I even enabled USB debugging mode, but that didn't help. I put the file in my downloads directory, but the app is limited and will only look to its directory. Anybody run into something similar, or can offer any advice? Thanks...
- 09-06-2013, 11:04 AM #2
- 09-06-2013, 11:43 AM #3
- 181 Posts
Re: root file access
Does the app have settings for storage location? It might be that on the Bionic it was storing data on "SD Card" and on the MAXX defaulted to "On the Phone". While both of these locations will reside on your phone, the slight distinction is that "SD Card" location is accessible by file browsers, while "On the Phone" storage might not be.
Check the app settings for storage location
- 09-07-2013, 06:53 PM #6
- By mrtinydave in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 09-08-2013, 12:12 AM
- By Wiggum333 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 09-06-2013, 11:58 AM
- By vasanthkumarm in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2013, 10:15 AM
- By chrisxpierce in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 09-05-2013, 11:37 PM
- By TomW093 in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 2Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:03 PM