Bluetooth in car

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm slightly disappointed right now. Just realized my 2010 4 Runners Bluetooth system is not displaying on my maxx at all. Anyone experiencing this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm slightly disappointed right now. Just realized my 2010 4 Runners Bluetooth system is not displaying on my maxx at all. Anyone experiencing this issue?

Disregard, had a noob moment. Works just fine.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Wish I had the same good news. 2013 BMW, does a constant connect/disconnect. It will pair, I will see a valid signal strength, address book starts syncing and then it drops. Looks like this type of behavior has been reported in the past with other Motorola devices which suggests this is a bug that will be patched.

e90n54

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth works great in both my cars. In fact it works better than my S3 because Spotify track information gets displayed while streaming.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth works great in both my cars. In fact it works better than my S3 because Spotify track information gets displayed while streaming.

I noticed this as well. Welcomed change

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Wish I had the same good news. 2013 BMW, does a constant connect/disconnect. It will pair, I will see a valid signal strength, address book starts syncing and then it drops. Looks like this type of behavior has been reported in the past with other Motorola devices which suggests this is a bug that will be patched.

Having the same exact issue with my 2012 Acura MDX. It connects/disconnects. So frustrating and unsafe.

I thought maybe it was the Otterbox Commuter case blocking the signal. Is that possible? I will test tomorrow.

Does anyone think this can be patched via a software update or should I return the phone?

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think this can be patched via a software update or should I return the phone?
It will eventually be patched based on the history I've seen on other Droid phones. Seems like Motorola always forgets they've made a patch for this, and then they patch it in the next round.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Having the same exact issue with my 2012 Acura MDX. It connects/disconnects. So frustrating and unsafe.

I thought maybe it was the Otterbox Commuter case blocking the signal. Is that possible? I will test tomorrow.

That's strange. My 2012 Acura TSX with Tech package has no connection issues at all. Did you unpair the phone and repair it?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. My 2012 Acura TSX with Tech package has no connection issues at all. Did you unpair the phone and repair it?

Yes, I unpaired and repaired. Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

Do you have the assist app running when you drive?

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/5f6da1f7b8

Looks like on a fresh reboot, it should allegedly work. The one thing I didn't try. But it definitely sounds like a bug. I won't be able to verify until the weekend since I don't daily drive my car (and it's a bit of a trip to get to my car).

For those that do have it working:

1. How many Bluetooth devices are you paired to?

2. Do other features like text messages show up on your car via Bluetooth MAP?

Casen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The Bluetooth does not work with the Uconnect piece of **** system in my Dodge Caliber. It will pair fine, but if I try to select BT media for streaming the actual radio in my car freezes, I lose the BT connection, then 4 minutes later my radio starts being functional again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The Bluetooth does not work with the Uconnect piece of **** system in my Dodge Caliber. It will pair fine, but if I try to select BT media for streaming the actual radio in my car freezes, I lose the BT connection, then 4 minutes later my radio starts being functional again.
Have you tried rebooting the phone while in the car (and away from other BT devices)? I'm curious to see whether that post on the Motorola forums might be a clue to at least an interim solution.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That's a real tricky one because it sounds as if the in car setup is the issue. I'm sure the phone has a lot to do with it too but I've never heard of a car system freezing up over this.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

Have your phone unlocked and watch the notification bar for a message asking you permission to upload your phone book. Say yes and your phone book should upload. Good luck.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Have your phone unlocked and watch the notification bar for a message asking you permission to upload your phone book. Say yes and your phone book should upload. Good luck.
Yeah that didn't work. I'm going to start fresh this weekend and see whether a clean reboot of the phone will help it along.

Casen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting the phone while in the car (and away from other BT devices)? I'm curious to see whether that post on the Motorola forums might be a clue to at least an interim solution.

Can you link to that post please? I will check that solution soon.

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Mike works with a 2013 BMW. Phone and Audio. It even reads my emails and SMS's. Pretty cool.
Crap... I need to recheck everything then. What kind of car? The combox changed in mid-2013 so wondering if it's that or something else.