Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default Bluetooth in car

I'm slightly disappointed right now. Just realized my 2010 4 Runners Bluetooth system is not displaying on my maxx at all. Anyone experiencing this issue?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default Re: Bluetooth in car

Quote Originally Posted by 18t View Post
    I'm slightly disappointed right now. Just realized my 2010 4 Runners Bluetooth system is not displaying on my maxx at all. Anyone experiencing this issue?

Disregard, had a noob moment. Works just fine.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Wish I had the same good news. 2013 BMW, does a constant connect/disconnect. It will pair, I will see a valid signal strength, address book starts syncing and then it drops. Looks like this type of behavior has been reported in the past with other Motorola devices which suggests this is a bug that will be patched.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

That's sucks, hopefully there's a fix coming.

Bluetooth works great in both my cars. In fact it works better than my S3 because Spotify track information gets displayed while streaming.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    18t

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by e90n54 View Post
    Bluetooth works great in both my cars. In fact it works better than my S3 because Spotify track information gets displayed while streaming.

I noticed this as well. Welcomed change

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    Wish I had the same good news. 2013 BMW, does a constant connect/disconnect. It will pair, I will see a valid signal strength, address book starts syncing and then it drops. Looks like this type of behavior has been reported in the past with other Motorola devices which suggests this is a bug that will be patched.
    Having the same exact issue with my 2012 Acura MDX. It connects/disconnects. So frustrating and unsafe.

I thought maybe it was the Otterbox Commuter case blocking the signal. Is that possible? I will test tomorrow.

Does anyone think this can be patched via a software update or should I return the phone?

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doublestack1 View Post
    Does anyone think this can be patched via a software update or should I return the phone?
    It will eventually be patched based on the history I've seen on other Droid phones. Seems like Motorola always forgets they've made a patch for this, and then they patch it in the next round.
    Thanked by:
    dwz07 

Having the same exact issue with my 2012 Acura MDX. It connects/disconnects. So frustrating and unsafe.

I thought maybe it was the Otterbox Commuter case blocking the signal. Is that possible? I will test tomorrow.

That's strange. My 2012 Acura TSX with Tech package has no connection issues at all. Did you unpair the phone and repair it?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    That's strange. My 2012 Acura TSX with Tech package has no connection issues at all. Did you unpair the phone and repair it?

Yes, I unpaired and repaired. Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

Do you have the assist app running when you drive?

Yes, I unpaired and repaired. Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

Do you have the assist app running when you drive?
    No, I've never turned that on other then the silence at night features.

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/5f6da1f7b8

Looks like on a fresh reboot, it should allegedly work. The one thing I didn't try. But it definitely sounds like a bug. I won't be able to verify until the weekend since I don't daily drive my car (and it's a bit of a trip to get to my car).

For those that do have it working:

1. How many Bluetooth devices are you paired to?

2. Do other features like text messages show up on your car via Bluetooth MAP?

The Bluetooth does not work with the Uconnect piece of **** system in my Dodge Caliber. It will pair fine, but if I try to select BT media for streaming the actual radio in my car freezes, I lose the BT connection, then 4 minutes later my radio starts being functional again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Casen View Post
    The Bluetooth does not work with the Uconnect piece of **** system in my Dodge Caliber. It will pair fine, but if I try to select BT media for streaming the actual radio in my car freezes, I lose the BT connection, then 4 minutes later my radio starts being functional again.
    Have you tried rebooting the phone while in the car (and away from other BT devices)? I'm curious to see whether that post on the Motorola forums might be a clue to at least an interim solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Casen View Post

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    That's a real tricky one because it sounds as if the in car setup is the issue. I'm sure the phone has a lot to do with it too but I've never heard of a car system freezing up over this.

** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

Have your phone unlocked and watch the notification bar for a message asking you permission to upload your phone book. Say yes and your phone book should upload. Good luck.

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Have your phone unlocked and watch the notification bar for a message asking you permission to upload your phone book. Say yes and your phone book should upload. Good luck.
    Yeah that didn't work. I'm going to start fresh this weekend and see whether a clean reboot of the phone will help it along.

Have you tried rebooting the phone while in the car (and away from other BT devices)? I'm curious to see whether that post on the Motorola forums might be a clue to at least an interim solution.
    Can you link to that post please? I will check that solution soon.

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

Wish I had the same good news. 2013 BMW, does a constant connect/disconnect
    Mike works with a 2013 BMW. Phone and Audio. It even reads my emails and SMS's. Pretty cool.

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xweb10 View Post
    Mike works with a 2013 BMW. Phone and Audio. It even reads my emails and SMS's. Pretty cool.
    Crap... I need to recheck everything then. What kind of car? The combox changed in mid-2013 so wondering if it's that or something else.

Just checked, same problem.

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

What kind of car?
    X3. Not sure when it was built. I seem to remember having that issue initially, but I just I am not sure what caused it. Just unpair and repair. Play around with the "Download images" setting in the bluetooth settings after pairing.

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xweb10 View Post
    X3. Not sure when it was built. I seem to remember having that issue initially, but I just I am not sure what caused it. Just unpair and repair. Play around with the "Download images" setting in the bluetooth settings after pairing.
    Thank you. I'm in a 2013 M3... I think the combox is identical between the two. I guess I'll try and wipe everything in the car, delete my pairings and start fresh.

The Maxx works great with the Ford SYNC system. Pandora, Tune In, and Slacker all display song info and texts read as well. Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    The Maxx works great with the Ford SYNC system. Pandora, Tune In, and Slacker all display song info and texts read as well.
    Which system, I have the 2010 edge with navigation, and it shows nothing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast