Mobile hotspot not working?

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Went to turn on and set up the mobile hotspot on my new MAXX and keep getting a message that my "order could not be processed" and to call VZW. I'm on a Share Everything plan - this should be included and work, right? Always had no trouble with it on my Galaxy Nexus (albeit a rooted and ROMed one).

Am I doing something wrong or should I just call and see if something is wrong on my account?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe tethering is included in the plan, but I haven't been with Verizon for awhile. I'd call and talk to a rep and see if you're paying for it. If not, it'll be disabled for that reason.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yup, share everything plans include wifi hotspot. I tested it on both of my lines without issue. I agree with the poster above, call Verizon and they should be able to help you out.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue here is that the hotspot does not work if you are on Verizon and have unlimited data. I am hoping someone can crack this.

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Back to the original issue, Verizon was able to activate it on my phone. Turns out there are different mobile hotspot plans and the wrong one was activated on my account.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue here is that the hotspot does not work if you are on Verizon and have unlimited data. I am hoping someone can crack this.

I have unlimited data and hotspot works for me. Its one of the reasons I do what I can to keep unlimited data.

I have no issues with hotspot working.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have unlimited data and hotspot works for me. Its one of the reasons I do what I can to keep unlimited data.

I have no issues with hotspot working.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

What app do you use? I'm still unlimited and mine checks with Verizon first and won't let me. My gnex had no issues.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What app do you use? I'm still unlimited and mine checks with Verizon first and won't let me. My gnex had no issues.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

I'm using the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app. Every time I start it up it checks my subscription status. The hotspot does have to be a part of your original plan and that may be the issue you're having.

When I originally got the unlimited plan (years ago) I included the hotspot service in the plan to take advantage of the unlimited data. I'm not sure if you can add the hotspot service to the unlimited plan now. My understanding is that the only way to continue the grandfathered unlimited data is to not make any changes to the plan. Once you make a change, you have to switch to one of the new plans. It's also why when I upgrade phones, I upgrade the phone on a different line and then transfer it to my line with unlimited data.

Hope this helps...

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it also depends on the phone you are using. I had a Galaxy Nexus up until the Maxx came out three weeks ago. The hotspot worked fine on the Nexus. Does not work (same app) on the new Droid Maxx. Again I am on Verizon and unlimited. The only thing that changed was the phone itself.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
The 4.4 update broke the motoroot tethering method where you can get native tethering by changing the subscription check status. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my DROID MAXX

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So if you had changed the entitlement check before and then updated to KitKat, are you saying it is changed back and the hotspot no longer will work? Does MotoRoot still work if you had it installed prior to KitKat?

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
So if you had changed the entitlement check before and then updated to KitKat, are you saying it is changed back and the hotspot no longer will work? Does MotoRoot still work if you had it installed prior to KitKat?

Had the entitlement changed and had motoroot installed prior to the update. I unrooted before the update but left the entitlement check on zero. Post update back to the original "checking subscription status" when I try to tether. . .

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42