Lg g2 199.99 really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well the LG G2 is launching on Verizon this Thurs the 12th for 199.99 a 100 bucks less then the Maxx I am pretty pissed about that. The phone looks awesome very innovative big battery great screen packed with extras great camera etc. And guess what the 12th is the end of my 14 days to return the Maxx. I am thinking hard on going there on Thursday and checking out the LG and possibly returning the Maxx even with the restock fee I would still come out ahead. How come LG can release this phone for 199 and Moto can't even seem to get stock to stores that were willing to sell at that price. I am really just PISSED!!!!! How do you guys feel?

i don't know anything about LG how is there update time frames, build quality and can they easily be rooted/good amount of dev support.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't care really, found ways to buy maxx at discount. Don't care for LGs wannabe touch wiz either. I was holding out to hear about the g2 but after it was announced I lost interest. I'm very pleased with the maxx.

Edit- I did like the ois on the g2 though. And dev support isn't that great.

Posted via Android Central App

kurpaige

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Who cares. I like the maxx and paid 300 Cause I wanted the phone not because other phones were 199 or not. I'm not moving to another phone until this phone won't turn on any more

Sent from my Droid Maxx

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well the LG G2 is launching on Verizon this Thurs the 12th for 199.99 a 100 bucks less then the Maxx I am pretty pissed about that. The phone looks awesome very innovative big battery great screen packed with extras great camera etc. And guess what the 12th is the end of my 14 days to return the Maxx. I am thinking hard on going there on Thursday and checking out the LG and possibly returning the Maxx even with the restock fee I would still come out ahead. How come LG can release this phone for 199 and Moto can't even seem to get stock to stores that were willing to sell at that price. I am really just PISSED!!!!! How do you guys feel?

i don't know anything about LG how is there update time frames, build quality and can they easily be rooted/good amount of dev support.

Your right but the people here that haven't returned their maxx yet or missed the boat are going to rip into you for asking:).

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
G2 sounds like it'll be a nice phone, but the Maxx better fits my needs. Nice to have a lot of good options hitting the market, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Your right but the people here that haven't returned their maxx yet or missed the boat are going to rip into you for asking:).

Thats ok let them I am a moto fan and probably won't return the Maxx to be honest I do love the simplicity of the os on this phone. The battery life is awesome last night I watched two movies about 3 1/2 hours with a total of 6 hours of screen time with BT, GPS, Sync and wifi all on and after 14 hours still couldn't hit 50%. I am really just pissed it is 100 bucks cheaper off the bat from Verizon. And moto didn't make it available on launch/still not available to other retailers selling for 100 bucks less. I am also getting a little nervous that there is not going to be any support for this phone in the community. If it doesn't get root we will be stuck relying on Verizon/Moto to update the phones when they want. On my bionic I was running JB months before the release thanks to Samuri and HoB. That is why I was curious if LG gets a lot of support from the community.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
LG software is terrible. The maxx software experience is worth 100 extra.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Get the phone that's right for you. Go ahead and test the G2, if you like it more then trade in your MAXX. The MAXX works great for me, I personally would not choose the G2 over the MAXX.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Get the phone that's right for you. Go ahead and test the G2, if you like it more then trade in your MAXX. The MAXX works great for me, I personally would not choose the G2 over the MAXX.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

I personally never touched an LG phone so I have no idea. It's like the Samsung S4 two buddies have it I messed around with it and would take the Maxx at 100 more...Oh yeah I did :) just looking into it looking for an insight to people who have used their products thanks for the response.

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I already assumed the G2 to be priced where it is, to better compete with the S4; but I was never interested in that phone. I'm not sure if it's 16GB or 32GB, but I don't care for the UI. Coming from a Note 2, I found myself not using 90% of Samsung's gimmicks, and it just bogged down the phone over the year I had it. I enjoy my Maxx, it's a phone of an excellent build and great reception; and it works! The active notification is a Godsend, and the quick camera gesture is fast and convenient to have. I'm also finding myself using the touchless control quite often. The bigger battery and wireless charging further adds to the value. Even my friends who are iPhone 5 owners said that it's a nice looking and feeling phone, they just wish it's not a Verizon exclusive .

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I would never be able to use the rear buttons on the LG. The way I hold the phone, my fingers can't bend to the back of the phone, so it was a non starter when it was announced. I never even considered it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
LG has their own skin, right?

If it was stock like the maxx I'd be a little upset...but really it's all about the battery

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Its You're not Your...... Now go play with your (See? This is the proper use of "your") Moto X.

You're right. My apologies, just having a joke with the maxx guys. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but it was all meant in good spirit. No more messing around in your forum:) have a good one gents!

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I understand your point, and the G2 has some nice features, but I bought the MAXX for battery life. I don't think the G2 (smaller battery, screen is a bigger hog) is going to match the MAXX in that department. Also, now that I have the MAXX, I don't want to give up Active Notifications. I love them more than the day I got the phone. The MAXX always knows when I want to look at my screen. I am still amazed by how infrequently I use the power button.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about lg, I really don't car all that much about root anymore. I just wanted the phone that was best for me and paid what I had to for it. If it's not worth it to you, trade it in.

My plan is always decide on what to buy, live with it, and don't even care what comes out for the next 6 months. I feel much less stressed that way.

(Besides, I still think the Maxx and the battery life and more stock android build is better anyway.)

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Th G2 is a LG's flagship phone so of course its gonna be $199 just like pretty much every other flagship. The problem is, no matter what the blogosphere tries to tell itself, and no matter how much the interwebs cries and complains ad nauseum, the Ultra is the flagship phone of the Droid lineup, so it too is priced at $199. When you upgrade from the Ultra to the Maxx, you add $50 for extra storage and $50 for a larger battery which are both pretty much industry standards. So basically there's nothing wrong with the pricing.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Its You're not Your...... Now go play with your (See? This is the proper use of "your") Moto X.

"It's". With an apostrophe, to mean "it is", as in "it is "you're" , not "your". " If you're going to correct someone, don't do the exact same thing they did in the process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7