Double twist for camera . . . I love it!

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
When I bought this phone, the feature I was least interested in was the ability to launch the camera with the double twist motion. I did not understand why I would want to use that over the 'normal' method.

While I was out on the golf course the other day, I decided to take a few pictures. The goal of the pictures was to identify a few compositions that I like so I could come back during the golden hours with my DSLR/tripod. To my surprise, I found myself using the double twist method each time I wanted to launch the camera -- it was just easier and faster. I won't go so far as to say my next phone must have this feature, but I do like it, and it is something I will end up using it a lot.

Are others as surprised by this feature as I am?

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same as you. I find myself using it all of the time now and thinking how quickly it pops up to get that fast shot in.

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't understand why reviewers were having problems with it, I got it first try.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I felt the same as you. I find myself using it all of the time now and thinking how quickly it pops up to get that fast shot in.

I used it for the first time this past Saturday and thought it was great. I will definitely like this feature.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I still have trouble with the gesture. It seems to work best if I twist the phone around its vertical axis, which frankly seems awkward. Are there any videos demonstrating the proper motion?

sent from my XT1080M

skobabe8

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I still have trouble with the gesture. It seems to work best if I twist the phone around its vertical axis, which frankly seems awkward. Are there any videos demonstrating the proper motion?

sent from my XT1080M

I read somewhere that your motion should be like you are turning a doorknob. I used that advice for the first few days until I "trained" my wrist to do that and now it's natural.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that your motion should be like you are turning a doorknob. I used that advice for the first few days until I "trained" my wrist to do that and now it's natural.

That is what works for me as well. I usually do a third twist I think, but now it is mindless, so I don't even think about it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
That is what works for me as well. I usually do a third twist I think, but now it is mindless, so I don't even think about it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks to all for the information in this thread.

When I first got the phone I tried this double twist business a few times but couldn't get it right, quickly got distracted by the other cool elements of the Maxx and I'd sortof forgotten about this feature until reading this thread.

Based on a mashup of the suggestions here, I use the "door knob triple twist" method and it works like a charm every time.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually that seems to work. Now, aslong as I don't drop the phone while twisting it :)

sent from my XT1080M

Last edited: