Bluetooth audio lag.

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that there is about a 1-2 second lag in audio when watching video through both my bluetooth headphones or bluetooth car connection on my 2013 GS350. I have never had this issue on my Note 2 before. Anyone experienced this issue with their Maxx?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have it too but I've only tried it on my car (2012 Acura TSX). My Note II had this delay too so it seems normal. Are you sure your Note II didn't do it?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the lag the other day in my Mazda, but it was the first time I ever watched a video in the car. I've always had a delay in controlling the Bluetooth on android phones in it though, including the S4 and HTC One so I have a feeling it's a universal thing.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there is audio lag. It's really annoying when it plays through the speaker and Bluetooth at the same time. Not sure why it does that sometimes, but it's weird.

I assume the lag is universal. Even if it isn't, I doubt there's a fix.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I also have this lag on my nexus 7 when watching videos and listening via my plantronics legend headset.

BeansNY

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I've been working on this because I have this issue with my Honda. Discovery 2 to 3 second delay seems to be common with all Bluetooth card units provided manufactured by Johnson Controls. So far this includes Honda, Acura, Hyundai, Kia, and Mazda. From what I've been researching and testing Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes, and Nissan do not have this problem.

One of the best new features of Kit Kat, is that you can now capture bluetooth traces. From my own testing and tracing, I confirmed that it's a software bug in the HandsFreeLink in the car. If you have this problem, I strongly suggest you call HandsFreeLink support to complaint about this as a bug under warranty.

I posted details on my CR-V forum here: http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...awd-lx-bluetooth-audio-delay-still-there.html

Fight the good fight.

BeansNY

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My 2014 Toyota Camry has lag issue

How much of lag and with what app?

What I'm seeing is that all audio is played on a 3 second delay. So, if I press play on a song, the song starts playing immediately on the phone but I don't start hearing it until 3 seconds later. Nothing gets clipped, just delayed. Same for alarms, the sound on videos, GPS voice directions, video game sound effects, etc. I have two kids who use my phone a lot, I'm not watching videos or playing games while I'm driving. But the 3 sec delay on music alone drives me insane. (Samsung GS4 w/ KitKat.)

audiouser

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2011 Honda Pilot, and just purchased a 2015 Toyota Corolla. With my Samsung GS 5 I have the exact same ~3 second audio/video delay as described above with both vehicles. Has there been any additional findings on this issue?

It seems like the only way this could be resolved is if the video player software was set to a delay equivalent to the bluetooth. Since there are so many player platforms out there, this could be a tough fix. Thanks.

Danny Fitts

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
i own a 2014 mitsubishi lancer and have this problem as well. Maybe a 2 to 3 second lag. But when im in a call its not laggy at all. Its only music and videos and things like that.

Also in order to have a fix you would need to mess with the bluetooth settings on the car. Delaying the time and sound on the phone would only delay the sound to the car more.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
2016 Camry, same issue with Nexus 6 and Pixel XL, though I didn't have a sync issue with the Nexus 6 connected to an '09 Infiniti G37.

Anyone know if any video players that have an audio sync adjustment that might resolve the issue?

Edit: MX Player allows for audio sync if you enable software decoding (for my Camry, -0.90 matches up perfectly). Note if only there were a solution for Netflix, Hulu, etc....?

Last edited:

Castun

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
2016 Camry, same issue with Nexus 6 and Pixel XL, though I didn't have a sync issue with the Nexus 6 connected to an '09 Infiniti G37.

Same issue in my 2014.5 Camry with any phone I've tested (Moto X, iPhone 4, Note 5 & 7), and any audio or video app. It's especially infuriating because trying to use voice commands with the new Android Auto app will pick up the words coming from the car's speakers and add them to the search.

Not sure if call audio also suffers, as some cellular delay is already present and difficult to differentiate.

My 2013 F-150 doesn't have any delay, though Ford's Microsoft Sync sucks balls for many other reasons.

anon(7454)

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2014.5 Camry XLE Hybrid and the most frustrating part of using Android Auto on it is when it doesn't catch things due to the delay or if it prepends things with "what's the message" when I'm replying to messages. If I turn off Bluetooth and use it from the phone, it works flawlessly, but it doesn't come out the car's stereo. I could use the aux cable, but why should I have to. I've tried it with an S6 and a MotoX2 with the same results.

There is a recent stereo software update as well as an Entune app update that I applied and I thought it had fixed it but no such luck. I do like the look of the in-dash stereo but simply want to use Android Auto without replacing the factory stereo (which I did in a previous car, and it worked flawlessly). Anyway, I figured I'd add some stuff here so people with the problem could more easily find it. I'll save this for myself as well so that if I find a solution I'll share it (or vice versa). Thanks, all!

Saleh Ghziwi

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Greetings all

Good news I have just discover that you could solve this issue by using mx player

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&token=q06C8ZKT

After installed you could find option on tool/settings/audio/bluetooth delay

Write it whith -2

Important Note: this only work with SW code so simply when you change the setting and play the video choose SW instead of HW you cand find this option on toolbar at the top of player

Done
Thanks

thekotr

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm under the impression that this is intentionally implemented to prevent people from watching videos during driving. I think proof of this can be found in the fact that there is no lag when talking on the phone.

sanky23

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
I'm under the impression that this is intentionally implemented to prevent people from watching videos during driving. I think proof of this can be found in the fact that there is no lag when talking on the phone.

Thats a very interesting point you have made, but i think unlike when while driving we cannot pair a device until the car is at halt, similarly the car should have proper sync if it is at stop so that people can enjoy good videos or even movies while relaxing in the car.

there has to be a solution as video calling has no flaws.

Thanks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781