How is WiFi connection on the new Droid MAXX?

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
As some of you may know, several Droid Razr MAXX HD users (myself and my GF included) have problems with WiFi connections on our phones. The WiFi remains connected but just doesn't want to actually load Web pages or stream data. It's like the router forgets the phone is still there. Turning off and on the WiFi radio on the phone temporarily gets the connection going, only to stall out soon again. This problem is inconsistent. Sometimes WiFi works great and sometimes not so. It happens at home and at work, and happens on both our Droid Razr MAXX HD phones. And our other devices connect to our home network just fine.

Anyway, I am considering upgrading to the new Droid MAXX in November and will be losing unlimited data. Have any of you fine people had problems with WiFi connectivity on the Droid MAXX? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
It's a big improvement for me coming from my RMHD. I used to drop connection between my router and my wifi extender. I really don't have any of the issues I had before.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the RAZR HD Maxx for a few months and the WiFi kept dropping. I have yet to experience one WiFi drop or slow down with the Droid Maxx since I got it in launch day.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, thanks folks. Now I just need to figure out the best place for my wireless router extender to get connection in the upper " loft" room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4