Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gamoses
  • 1 Post By russel5150
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Default turn off button lights?

Surely someone has figured out how to do this? Maxx has to be returned if i cant use it to read in bed without being blinded.
    bhameyedoc likes this.

Default Re: turn off button lights?

Read on here a couple weeks ago that it is going to be addressed in an update. It bugs me too.. I'm hoping the first update is the camera update and the buttons. To me its not worth returning the phone because everything else is awesome.. But yeah it needs fixed

Using my Moto Droid Maxx
    Einsteindks likes this.

Root and use capacitive buttons app to turn them off. It's a fix but it isn't the BEST fix. There is no way of turning them back on or dimming them without rebooting.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of rooting.. Its just not for me.. I've learned to live w it.. I do hope it gets a fix though

Using my Moto Droid Maxx

If you're rooted, install rovo89's Xposed Framework and add the GravityBox module. "Button backlight mode" is under "Display tweaks."

Quote Originally Posted by alexj714 View Post
    If you're rooted, install rovo89's Xposed Framework and add the GravityBox module. "Button backlight mode" is under "Display tweaks."
    Alex is right. I did this and it works. Hopefully in the update it will be fixed.

Debating on using the navigation keys back light as a notification light and disabling the active notifications.

Sent from my XT1080m using AC Forums mobile app.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I couldn't agree more. Right now I have two layers of blue painter's tape that I stick over the buttons while reading at night. Touch sensors still work, and I can still see them just barely. Definitely NOT a long-term solution, but neither do I want to root my phone. The first system upgrade had better fix this!