- 2 Posts
Droid MAXX/Moto X Dev Community
After owning a Galaxy Nexus, having a large dev community is very important to me. Since Verizon will probably not be getting the next Nexus either, my question is, will the Maxx benefit from the development done via the Moto X community? In other words, will the Maxx will be able to run the same ROMs/enhancements that Verizon's Moto X will? I'm guessing that it will be able to due to the fact that it was rooted the same day as the Moto X. I would love to have the X but with 32GB of memory, wireless charging & a huge battery. Thanks for any input/advice.
- 09-16-2013, 11:23 PM #2
- 09-17-2013, 03:09 AM #3
- 64 Posts
Re: Droid MAXX/Moto X Dev Community
The new DROID line is 90% the same as all Moto X. It is basically exactly the same as the ATT and Verizon versions of the Moto X. So far, dhacker has safe strap (custom recovery) booting on a VZW or ATT, I can't remember which, Moto X. To port to the DROID line would be no change except for the addition of capacitive key input.
The only ROM related problems might come from the radio portion
Of the VZW phones, but all other development, from using the processing cores, to camera, audio, BT and whatnot should be identical to the unlocked Moto X on every other carrier.
Now, the DROID line might not be the focus of all the love, but it will get a fair bit by simply being a clone of the Moto X.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
- By Bl00dRunzC0ld in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2013, 09:46 PM
- By rader023 in forum Moto XReplies: 8Last Post: 09-17-2013, 04:03 PM
- By cyaiphone in forum Moto XReplies: 4Last Post: 09-16-2013, 09:37 PM
- By asylvia in forum Moto XReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2013, 07:52 PM
- By natureaseem in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2013, 12:20 PM