Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 2 Post By Chiplg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ghost 100 Problem: Wireless Charger Detection Looping

When I place my Droid MAXX on the charging base, I get the circle and the lightning bolt indicating that a wireless charger has been detected. Then I get the message again...and again...and again. Eventually it charges normally. I don't have a case on the phone.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Ghost 100 Problem: Wireless Charger Detection Looping

might not be on the charger correctly, just on the edge of where it needs to be.. not sure..

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

I had mine re-detect the charger a couple of times while it was sitting there. But not a loop. Like the previous poster said, make sure it's lined up. The circle on the screen should be in the center of the charger. I'll keep an eye on mine and post if it acts weird again.

Posted via Android Central App

Do you guys put the phone on the ghost 100 portrait or landscape or does it matter. It seems to charge either way

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by JimBen73 View Post
    Do you guys put the phone on the ghost 100 portrait or landscape or does it matter. It seems to charge either way

Doesn't matter but I put it Portrait.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    JimBen73 likes this.

I get similar behavior with both Tylt and PowerHolic Qi chargers with my Maxx and my Nexus 7 (2013) if the phone or tablet isn't centered properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JimBen73 View Post

To add to Eclipse2K's comment, the charging coils are circular. You can place it at any angle and it won't care. It is easier to line up if you put it on the same way every time, but I've just plopped it down diagonally and it works the just fine.

Thanked by:
    Eclipse2K and JimBen73 like this.

Thanks guys, I thought as much but wanted to verify

Mine seems to work fine. It does get a bit warm but that subsides. However, after a few seconds it puts out a really loud tone and then the phone displays horizontal and vertical dashes (n-s-e-w) that you use to align the phone with the corresponding lines on the base.. Oddly, and often in the middle of the night, the phone emits that loud sound, turns on my contacts/phone page, and lights up the room. I wish that would stop. Probably in the non-existent instructions that came with the phone and the base. I know I can find a pdf file for the phone somewhere.And why have the red light illuminate the bottom of the charger. I try my best to turn off all notification sounds and LED's in the night...who needs a light and sound show when sleeping. MOTO has taken away the smart actions program and I think replaced it with other features. I have always loved the concept of inductive charging when Palm had it. Later companies had drop in chargers with little contacts on the back. Now they universally have those tiny micro USB plugs which take two shots to orient properly in dim light and are fragile.

This is why I am going to get the tylt wireless charger. No problems detecting and it sits your phone up at an angle so you can see if the active display is going off or not.

Posted via my DROID MAXX
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:

Just line up the marks folks...

My Ghost works fine. BUT how on earth do you turn off or change the obnoxious noise it makes when ever it connects to your phone.? It is so loud and sometimes in the middle of the night it makes that noise turns on my screen and then goes back off again. All I wanted to do is charge my phone without all the razzle dazzle.