A few Active Notification questions

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 different gmail accounts on my phone and on my RMHD had different color LED for each account. I care about one of them more than the other and would be quicker to check the main on if I knew I had a message there. With active notification is there a way to differentiate which account is getting an email? Looks like it will just show a Gmail symbol - there is no way to tell which address has a message unless you touch the phone and swipe up? That seems not useful.

On my RMHD if I had mail on both the light would alternate colors (using LightFlow). If I have messages in both will Active Notification show that? I have them set up as Gmail labels on my other phone and haven't seen that option in the few active notification vids that I've watched.

Thanks

Last edited:

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
only thing i could think of is to figure out which one you added first, and which one is currently the default. then i would potentially delete them both and create in the reverse order. that is only if no one else has any ideas.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You can use the gmail app for one of the accounts and the stock email app for the other account. That way each account will have a different notification icon.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 different gmail accounts on my phone and on my RMHD had different color LED for each account. I care about one of them more than the other and would be quicker to check the main on if I knew I had a message there. With active notification is there a way to differentiate which account is getting an email? Looks like it will just show a Gmail symbol - there is no way to tell which address has a message unless you touch the phone and swipe up? That seems not useful.

On my RMHD if I had mail on both the light would alternate colors (using LightFlow). If I have messages in both will Active Notification show that? I have them set up as Gmail labels on my other phone and haven't seen that option in the few active notification vids that I've watched.

Thanks

Yes, it sure does tell you which gmail account (or label, if you have multiple label notifications for a single account) is giving a notification, and will give multiple separate notifications if there are more than one.

Swipe up is only for the most recent notification in any app. I wish there was a way to prioritize some notifications over others, but, for mow, there isn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85