Home screen auto rotate

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had to uninstall that app this morning. It was causing my notification bar to stick and I won't give up the fluid nature of this phone in order to rotate the home screen. I wrote to the developer but have not heard back yet. I will let you know what he/she says. If anyone else knows of another app to make this happen, can you let me know.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
That's strange because it rotates in car mode natively. You can always sick a magnet in the back of your phone and make it think it's in car mode :p

Posted via Android Central App

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That's strange because it rotates in car mode natively. You can always sick a magnet in the back of your phone and make it think it's in car mode :p

I haven't set up touchless controls yet, and I'm at work, but the homescreen goes into landscape in car mode?

What is car mode?

When the device detects you driving (partially based on speed i assume) then it will go into driving mode and read texts, etc.

Android isn't designed to have the homescreen in landscape, but there are some custom ROMs for other devices that have it enabled. Probably won't be able to do it, but perhaps someone is using a thirdparty launcher that has homescreen rotation? I'm using Nova Launcher and I do not believe it can.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
What is car mode?

Car mode as in car dock mode. There is a magnet in the official car dock that puts the phone in car mode and allows portrait or landscape modes on the launcher. You can stimulate it by using a magnet in the back left side of the phone. You have to keep the magnet in place to make it work. So, my reference to it was a joke.

Here's a screen shot.

Screenshot_2013-09-24-12-06-39.jpg

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Car mode as in car dock mode. There is a magnet in the official car dock that puts the phone in car mode and allows portrait or landscape modes on the launcher. You can stimulate it by using a magnet in the back left side of the phone. You have to keep the magnet in place to make it work. So, my reference to it was a joke.

Haha, of course NOW my magnet is forcing it to landscape... too bad it isn't automatic =\

Benjamin Long1

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Here's a screen shot.

View attachment 82904

- - - Updated - - -

Does the magnet work the s4

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

Does the magnet work the s4

Are you asking about the Samsung Galaxy S4? Your post isn't clear. Also, it's not likely that we can answer that question in the Droid Maxx section - you would be better off making a new thread in the Galaxy S4 section, perhaps with a link to this thread asking if something similar can be done with the S4.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech