Motorola customer "service"

sanktheboat

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where else to turn, so I'm asking for advice here.

Around lunchtime Monday, I called Motorola to confirm that the Droid Maxx Developer Edition was in stock, and find out if it could be delivered to me NO LATER than Friday. After repeatedly failing to understand that I was inquiring about the Droid *RAZR* Maxx, the customer service rep finally looked up the DMDE and told me it was NOT in stock. After explaining to him 3 times that the phone was listed as IN STOCK on the Motorola website, and at least two more times confusing it with the RAZR Maxx, he eventually apologized for the confusing and misinformation, then assured me that the DMDE was, in fact, IN STOCK.

Another similar series of errors occurred while trying to verify and guarantee delivery date (I needed it by Friday, and wouldn't order if that timetable couldn't be met). I was, after the now customary bumbling and ineptitude, assured that the phone would be delivered to my house NO LATER than Friday, and would not need to be signed for.

So I placed an order online. And went to bed (night shift). I woke up Monday evening to a confirmation e-mail, which coolly informed me that "Due to high demand, your Droid Maxx Developer Edition may take as long as 7 days to ship."

Well. Welly welly welly well then. This displeased me a bit. For reasons which I won't get into here, it was unacceptable to not receive the phone by Friday.

So I called to cancel my order.

This is when the "fun" began.

I simply don't have time at this moment to give a detailed description of the last 48 hours of repeated lies that have been told, deadlines missed, promises broken, and hours spent on hold, hours spent talking with Motorola Customer Service, Motorola Online Order Support, various managers/supervisors, Motorola advanced customer complaint section (or some such vaguely titled department), and just recently a customer complaint/satisfaction rep within Motorola Corporate itself. The phone I ordered and am trying to cancel has supposedly been "at the distribution center preparing for shipment" since about 6 pm Monday. Therefore, my order cannot be cancelled. "The system won't allow it." No lie... that's what Motorola's corporate customer satisfaction rep just told me. He then told me that I could receive a refund after the delivery is attempted, rejected, and shipped back.... but he could not tell me when it would ship to my house, within a window of 5 business days. Or was it 7? I specifically asked.

So, Motorola took nearly $700 of my money instantly upon my order being placed, but couldn't stop shipment 5 hours later. Nor could they stop shipment some 51 hours later, or give me any time frame WHATSOEVER for when the device will even depart their facility... let alone when it will arrive, when I can reject it, when it will get back to them, or when, after all that, they will authorize a refund. And, obviously, they can't even use a magic 8 ball to give me a guess as to when that hypothetical authorized refund will actually enter my account.

So, what I'm asking is: what are my options? Who can I call, e-mail, or send a carrier pigeon?

Someone more important than "Robert" with Motorola Online Order Support, who hung up on me once after I asked to speak to his supervisor, and once when I called back as soon as he heard my name. I had to lie about my name and disguise my voice to get around him after that. That is the absolute truth. There are only about 3 people working for Motorola after 8 pm or so. I talked to all of them, multiple times. They kept putting me on hold for 5-10 minutes, transferring me to each other, talking to me for 10 seconds, then putting me on hold again for 5-10 minutes.

And someone more important than "Franco" at Motorola Corporate Customer Satisfaction rep. He couldn't do anything other than the other people I had talked to previously, though he did at least call me back within the time frame he promised. Then again, he literally told me that if there was anyone higher up than himself I could talk to, that he didn't know it. I asked if he was the CEO of Motorola or Google. He said "no, why?" I said "then there must be someone higher up than you that I can talk to."

He said "If you can find the Motorola CEO's phone number, you're welcome to call him."

Thanks, Franco.

----------

Soooo... any ideas? Should I fly to Chicago and chain myself to Motorola's front door?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey