Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  • 2 Post By steveg2112
  • 1 Post By schwars1
  • 1 Post By SteelGator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default recover deleted photos or videos????

My young daughter was looking at pictures on my Droid Maxx this morning and deleted a couple of videos and pictures (thanks to the new swipe to delete function) so far I've been unable to recover them by hooking the phone up to the computer like I did my Razr Maxx. Any suggestions?? Thanks
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,173 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: recover deleted photos or videos????

Quote Originally Posted by Derick Sutherland View Post
    My young daughter was looking at pictures on my Droid Maxx this morning and deleted a couple of videos and pictures (thanks to the new swipe to delete function) so far I've been unable to recover them by hooking the phone up to the computer like I did my Razr Maxx. Any suggestions?? Thanks
    Sounds like your issue was with the first Maxx. Once deleted it shouldn't be that simple to recover them. I know of no way to recover them once they're deleted. Sorry. Maybe someone else does...
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    Eclipse2K likes this.

With the right software you can UN-Delete just about anything if you act quickly before they get written over.
    Droid Maxx

US Navy CPO Ret

A little late now but backup is the answer.
    I use Dropbox, it's free and with the android app you can set it to automatically upload your photos and they are then available anywhere. It can be set to just do it over wifi if you are concerned about data usage.
    schwars1 and skatergirl like this.
    Lovin' My Phone

I am sorry you lost your pictures. Dropbox will save you next time. However, how do you get swipe to delete? I thought I heard of that, but I cannot figure it out.
    ~Janet~

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I am sorry you lost your pictures. Dropbox will save you next time. However, how do you get swipe to delete? I thought I heard of that, but I cannot figure it out.
    When looking at photos, pinch them in to turn into filmstrip mode. Then flick the photo you want to delete up of the screen.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    skatergirl likes this.

Do you have your photos set to auto backup? I'd check on Google+ to see if they are there. If not, now is a good time to set that or Dropbox up.
    skatergirl likes this.
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by schwars1 View Post
    When looking at photos, pinch them in to turn into filmstrip mode. Then flick the photo you want to delete up of the screen.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
    Ah ... thank you. I like that feature.
    ~Janet~

Do you know what software would work best for recovering my deleted video? ive downloaded and tried everything and none of them are compatable with my Motorola Droid MAXX. help please?!

This might help http://www.androiddata-recovery.com/...photo-recovery

Posted via Android Central App

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? All the software I've found is only compatible with the RAZR. Seems like a lot of people don't realize that the droid maxx and the RAZR maxx ate not the same phone. Even took it to a PC and cellular repair place and they couldn't find them either! I got my phone back with someone else's pictures on it.