Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By shady28
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By shady28
  • 1 Post By Wesstacey.2010
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Make A Droid 2013 forum

Just thought I'd throw this out there if any admins or mods are listening.

I think there needs to be a 'Droid 2013' forum. Since these phones all have the same software and internals now, there really is no functional difference between them. It is just a matter of size, shape, and battery.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    optimum5, skatergirl and Westiemom like this.

Default Re: Make A Droid 2013 forum

That's a good point, but it could also cause needless confusion, for example if people are talking about cases, screen protectors, or docks.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

You raise a good point that many non-kernel related software issues will likely have similar troubleshooting solutions. The Mini is kinda weird given the different display type (LCD) and modifications to how notifications work, but for the most part they're very similar. I'm not sure if combining all of the threads would make things more or less confusing for members searching for advice and/or guides, development related threads would obviously be very different... very interesting. Thoughts?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm just concerned we have forum fragmentation .

Most of the topics are on things that cross between phones. Camera issues, how to use active notifications, etc.

How about a main Droid forum, with subforums for the Ultra, Maxx, and Mini? Perhaps those subforums could be specifically for accessories?
    optimum5 and Westiemom like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    How about a main Droid forum, with subforums for the Ultra, Maxx, and Mini? Perhaps those subforums could be specifically for accessories?
    You read my mind, especially the part of having a subforum for accessories on the 'sub-models'.

Pretty much all other topics would be the same. ie we all started out with the same camera problem I would hate to see someone post to one of the less popular models forums and get no response, not realizing there's a thriving community for an almost identical phone next door.

B. Diddy likes this.

Considering the Droid Ultra forum is nearly dead I can see why you feel this way. I just can't wait for people to talk about Qi chargers and an Ultra user get mad at us for false information!

But really may be a decent idea as long as we keep sub-forums.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

I vote for the idea of a main Droid forum with sub-forums for model specific topics. The Ultra forum really is pretty dead and I see most Ultra users are going to the Maxx forum. Maxx and Ultra owners especially need one good place for OS questions. These two truly are the same phone with only the size of the battery differentiating. :-)

Oh yes, and wireless charging!! I think surely Ultra owners should know they do not have that option and not complain about false info - hopefully!!
    Last edited by Westiemom; 09-28-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Forgot something! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Westiemom View Post
    Oh yes, and wireless charging!! I think surely Ultra owners should know they do not have that option and not complain about false info - hopefully!!
    You must be new to the internet.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    You must be new to the internet.
    I get your point YAY, lol, but I'm always optimistic.

I agree that this could get confusing...Try searching Amazon for a case for the Droid Maxx, it is SOOOOO irritating trying to sort out what is for the Droid Razr Maxx and the Droid Maxx...MUST they use the same names for multiple phones...
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesstacey.2010 View Post
    I agree that this could get confusing...Try searching Amazon for a case for the Droid Maxx, it is SOOOOO irritating trying to sort out what is for the Droid Razr Maxx and the Droid Maxx...MUST they use the same names for multiple phones...
    I know! What about the HTC One? You'll get results for the One, the One X+, the One VX, One SV ...