- 13 Posts
3rd-party sms apps
I'm testing out the popular sms apps out there - Chomp, Go, Handcent - and I can't seem to get them to vibrate on notification, unless my phone is set on vibrate, which I don't want it to be. Am I being a moron and missing some setting somewhere? Anyone else experiencing this? As far as I can tell, I've got everything set properly in the app's settings (i.e. always vibrate). Any other sms apps I might have better luck with?
It's not a huge deal, I don't mind the stock messaging app. But I really like (and miss) the quick reply pop-up windows that these other apps offer (along with all the other customizations they offer).
Thanks in advance.
- 10-07-2013, 03:03 PM #3
- 10-19-2013, 02:27 PM #4
- 10-19-2013, 02:38 PM #5
- 117 Posts
Re: 3rd-party sms apps
Handcent seems to work fine with me. I also was a huge fan of the quick reply popup with all my previous phones, but I actually decided to disable it on my droid maxx. I have come to love the stock notification system on the new Motorola's and hated how if I used it from the lock screen that it didn't dismiss the popup from handcent.
- 10-19-2013, 03:58 PM #6
- 10-20-2013, 01:15 AM #7
- By Joe monahan in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 10-01-2013, 09:06 PM
- By rubbles88 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2013, 11:24 AM
- By bb155w in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2013, 07:16 AM
- By Rodney456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2013, 06:11 AM
- By Lorrie Whalen in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2013, 02:06 AM