Lg g2 to maxx....bad idea?

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I just decided to return my lg g2 and I think I'm going to order a droid maxx. Was that a dumb decision? I heard the maxx is super smooth since its basically running stock android. Any others use the maxx and the g2 that can compare? I am coming from a gnex originally.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had both. Both very good phones but I'm sticking with maxx basic stock android with active notifications and always on Google now which works amazingly well. Huge battery and silky smooth.

Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had both. Both very good phones but I'm sticking with maxx basic stock android with active notifications and always on Google now which works amazingly well. Huge battery and silky smooth.

These are the reasons I'd recommend the Maxx as well.

Sent from my White Moto X

adamjeeps

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the screen looks very good. Blacks are very deep. I came from a Droid DNA and I really can't tell much of a difference. Just because it is only 720P does not mean it looks different in normal, everyday use.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Screen not quite as sharp on the maxx but is brighter. I think since Maxx is near stock there is a better chance the it will see more updates.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I also think it will get more updates since the g2 doesn't seem as popular on Verizon because of the small rear buttons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I got the G2 and then returned it and came to the Maxx. I really wanted to like the G2 better as I do think its better in a lot of ways, but the huge battery and active notifications won me over, along with the fact that I couldn't get the LED to work reliably. I posted my comparison thoughts of the 2 on each of the forums.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to like it also but was not feeling it. I debated back and fourth and sent it out today. I have a few days to decide what I want.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks its a great review. I also didn't mind the buttons in back. Which device felt better in the hand?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks its a great review. I also didn't mind the buttons in back. Which device felt better in the hand?

I liked the G2 better everytime I picked it up. It was thinner, lighter and I thought just felt better. And that screen....!!! Alas, it went back. I think the biggest draw for me was the huge battery on the Maxx. I came from a RMHD and told myself I'd never go to a phone with a smaller battery. I know I would have always kept thinking. What it?... what if I got that Maxx with the huge battery...

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I returned my G2 for a Maxx last night. I originally had the HTC One (and still do), then I got the Moto X. I really liked the Moto X, but for me the display was too small. Enter the G2. I loved this phone from the start, and couldn't wait to get it. I won't trash the LG skin because I like some of the UX features. I'm one who likes some of the things thrown in by Sense and LG's skin.

It's a really nice phone, but two things made me return it: camera shutter lag. It's painfully slow and near impossible to take an indoor picture unless you take the time to compose a shot. The other thing is the screen has tiny scratches already, and it's supposed to be Gorilla Glass 3. I've never had scratches on any of my phones, and I don't use cases or screen protectors.

I never got used to the buttons on the back either, and Verizon made them smaller and that makes it harder to even feel which button you're hitting without looking.

I love this Maxx so far, and happy to have Active Notifications back. Even the ability to text using Chrome/Motorola Connect is great. The phone feels good, the buttons are where they are supposed to be, and oh the battery life (although the G2 was pretty good in that regards).

All in all I think it was a good swap, even at the higher price.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The other thing is the screen has tiny scratches already, and it's supposed to be Gorilla Glass 3. I've never had scratches on any of my phones, and I don't use cases or screen protectors.

You may want to start using a screen protector. Look around here; plenty of people are reporting scratches on their Maxxes, plenty doubting that it has gorilla glass (which is scratch resistant, not scratch proof, by the way.)

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
You may want to start using a screen protector. Look around here; plenty of people are reporting scratches on their Maxxes, plenty doubting that it has gorilla glass (which is scratch resistant, not scratch proof, by the way.)

Screen protector is a no brainer for me. And I know how easily dust can scratch a screen over time with a defender.

I like the feel of my anti glare one. It rarely gets smudged.

Sent from my XT1080m using AC Forums mobile app.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

They can doubt it all they want because it does indeed have Gorilla Glass. Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, even says the Droid Maxx has it on their website. It will scratch because there are things such as pocket sand that has a harder rating. Too many people replace the term RESISTANT with PROOF.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4