Getting to try this for no charge

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The nice folks at LuguLake are going to send me their upgraded wireless charger free of charge in order to provide feedback.

I had purchased the original wireless charger and the temperature of my phone reached 115 in less than two hours. This new model has a cooling pad and they asked if I would be willing to try it out.

Soooooo, I will let you all know how it works. It ships directly from China, so it will be a couple of days before it arrives.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3142595

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Let us know. I will say so far i don't think any Qi charger can beat the Tylt Vu. But I look forward to hearing your review.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Let us know. I will say so far i don't think any Qi charger can beat the Tylt Vu. But I look forward to hearing your review.

The Tylt Vu looks pretty sweet, but with the LuguLake being $36 vs $99 for the Tylt Vu, it's hard to justify paying almost 3x as much if the LuguLake works reliably. The Tylt Vu does have the angle, which can often be an advantage, but for the price difference I'd be tempted to build the cheaper one into a DIY stand, especially if I can make it adjustable for portrait vs landscape, and different sized devices.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Tylt Vu looks pretty sweet, but with the LuguLake being $36 vs $99 for the Tylt Vu, it's hard to justify paying almost 3x as much if the LuguLake works reliably. The Tylt Vu does have the angle, which can often be an advantage, but for the price difference I'd be tempted to build the cheaper one into a DIY stand, especially if I can make it adjustable for portrait vs landscape, and different sized devices.

The Tylt Vu should only be $70 with free shipping. The stores charging more are just greedy.

http://shop.tylt.com/pc_combined_re...arch_keyword=VU Wireless Charger&make=&model=

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The Tylt Vu should only be $70 with free shipping. The stores charging more are just greedy.

http://shop.tylt.com/pc_combined_re...arch_keyword=VU Wireless Charger&make=&model=

I was just checking the price on Amazon. As I look again, I see it is available for $70 elsewhere. It's still double the price, but for the extra usefulness of the stand and attractive design, it's closer to justifiable, but still not "cheap".

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was just checking the price on Amazon. As I look again, I see it is available for $70 elsewhere. It's still double the price, but for the extra usefulness of the stand and attractive design, it's closer to justifiable, but still not "cheap".

No doubt. Just pointing it out in case you decide you want one later on. :)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I will definitely let you know how it works out. I really like the Tylt Vu but I didn't want to go with the higher cost. Also, the phone temps seem to still be higher than when using a USB cable. But I sure do like its design. It looks very functional and more functional than the charging pad.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely let you know how it works out. I really like the Tylt Vu but I didn't want to go with the higher cost. Also, the phone temps seem to still be higher than when using a USB cable. But I sure do like its design. It looks very functional and more functional than the charging pad.

The Tylt runs about the same as a charging cable from my experience. Even if it gets a little bit warmer I don't mind because these phones were designed for some heat. I prefer to have as little as possible though for battery life reasons but the slight difference won't hurt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20