Micro SD card adaptor

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Music and videos. That's probably the main use for this. I have about 100 GB of music and over 2 TB of videos in my digital library.

The real question is can you get actual apps to recognize and play directly from the Micro SD card? Otherwise, its functionality is really limited.

Ordered one for myself and one for my coworker with an HTC One. So, we'll see.

Sent from Droid Razr MAXX HD

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Music and videos. That's probably the main use for this. I have about 100 GB of music and over 2 TB of videos in my digital library.

The real question is can you get actual apps to recognize and play directly from the Micro SD card? Otherwise, its functionality is really limited.

It should work fine. For music, I use Rocket Player. You can set the folders it scans for music and manually rescan when needed. I have an old OTG cable I use when traveling with a 64gb USB stick.

If you want to use another app for music, I would find an app that will allow you to rescan for media. HD Widgets and SwitchPro have this.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried this with their Droid MAXX?

I might order it since I plan on upgrading soon, but it also appears that this will work on my current phone as well.

Mini MicroSD Card Reader by Meenova

Order screen:

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/order.html

http://google.com/producer/s/CBIwj5yczQQ

Just received my super little Meenova last week. I have accessories that do the same thing...but nothing this COOL!
This is really the answer for lack of on board storage. The only downside I see is you cannot have the power attached while using without a hub.
For those that don't know what it is, the Meenova is a micro usb reader with slot to hold up to a 64gb micro sd card. It is smaller than a quarter and stores on your key chain.
Has a micro usb connecter that fits in the charging port.
Best $12 I have spent for my Note 2. Don't really need it, just had to have one. Ordered 5 more for Xmas gifts!

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/m3r.html
Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
This is the only smart way to carry all your music and large files without overloading the phone memory.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

No worries, the moment you plug in the lights go on and the phone recognizes the Meenova as an external drive. I use it to transfer between my tablet and family phones.
All you need is a good file manager ( es file explorer is a good one) and you can easily transfer from the phone to the meenova.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=iSf4KM4Y

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but I see what he means. If you have 12 GB's of music on it, can you play it without transferring?
Sorry, I guess I was not that clear. You can use the Meenova as a storage device and when connected will become part of the phone's storage as well. Videos and audio will all be available to use as long as the Meenova is connected. The phone video player and audio player will easily recognize.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Too bad it wont work on a kindle fire hd

Just left you a link above. Did some research and it looks like your charging port is a micro usb. Is that correct?
If so, the meenova will work just fine.
If not..just get the adapter as I suggested above.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe the KF HD can host any other devices/cards. Amazon locked that port down. I have not confirmed it having a rooted device would change that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC