No Notifications after bluetooth disconnect

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
What update? I never signed my phone up for the Soak Test so I didn't get an update yet and I experience it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

You should get the software update in the next few days. Its rolling out to everyone.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You should get the software update in the next few days. Its rolling out to everyone.

Yes, but it sounded like you implied the update was the cause of this issue so I was asking. No big deal.

Edit; checked for updates and its downloading now.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but it sounded like you implied the update was the cause of this issue so I was asking. No big deal.

Edit; checked for updates and its downloading now.

The Notification bug with Bluetooth sounds like a common issue. I haven't paid attention to that, but I will today.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Notification bug with Bluetooth sounds like a common issue. I haven't paid attention to that, but I will today.

Yes, but it sounded as if you were saying the update was the culprit when it wasn't. Just wanted to clarify with you because I'm confused. Lol

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but it sounded as if you were saying the update was the culprit when it wasn't. Just wanted to clarify with you because I'm confused. Lol

Judging from what people have stated, it sounded like the culprit was this update. I'm not sure my self because I haven't noticed this bug.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Judging from what people have stated, it sounded like the culprit was this update. I'm not sure my self because I haven't noticed this bug.

Oh, okay. No, its been since the beginning. ;)

graphitedv

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update and it actually fixed it for me. Disconnected from car BT and notification sounds were intact. Guess I can get rid of the VM shortcut on home screen....

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The lack of notifications is no longer an issue since the upgrade.

Kind of amazing since Motorola & VZW told me it wasn't a known issue & replaced my device. I don't get why they don't admit that this was a known issue & an update was on the way.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The last few days have been a nightmare. I get notifications after disconnecting from Bluetooth sometimes but they come from the ear speaker rather than the loud speaker. Other times I get nothing. As of right now I need to reboot because it's the ear speaker glitch and nothing fixes the issue. So frustrating.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The last few days have been a nightmare. I get notifications after disconnecting from Bluetooth sometimes but they come from the ear speaker rather than the loud speaker. Other times I get nothing. As of right now I need to reboot because it's the ear speaker glitch and nothing fixes the issue. So frustrating.

Do you have the Text Plus app installed on your phone? If so go into the app's settings and uncheck Enable incoming calls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the Text Plus app installed on your phone? If so go into the app's settings and uncheck Enable incoming calls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, I saw you mentioned this before but I have done factory resets and still had issues. Do you still have Bluetooth issues after doing so?

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I saw you mentioned this before but I have done factory resets and still had issues. Do you still have Bluetooth issues after doing so?

Unchecking that box and rebooting fixed my Bluetooth issues.

Dave Ludwig

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey I just wanted to post this info since no one mentioned it. I have the same issue, but I found that turning Bluetooth off after being done with it, brings back the notifications. Specifically with my car, I use an app called "Bluetooth Auto Off" that shuts it off after leaving my car. The only problem, why this still sucks, is I have to re-enable Bluetooth manually whenever I get IN my car.

Still, it solves the problem of forgetting to disable Bluetooth after leaving my car, and I get my notifications.

niltomek

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Just an update on this issue. It still happens and I have a Pixel 8, Android 14. I suspect it is related to my car, a Volvo XC70 with a very old bluetooth implementation. I get both the notification sounds disappearing and the distorted audio after a few minutes into a call.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just an update on this issue. It still happens and I have a Pixel 8, Android 14. I suspect it is related to my car, a Volvo XC70 with a very old bluetooth implementation. I get both the notification sounds disappearing and the distorted audio after a few minutes into a call.
Welcome to Android Central! You posted in an extremely old thread for an extremely old phone. I suggest you create a new thread for your issue in the Pixel 8 subforum -- thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star